Beer gift basket ides

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnsfeigel

Reaction score
Ok, so I don't have a lot of money to buy presents for friends and family and my wife and I generally resort to tons of home made cookies and candy for Christmas gifts. This year I have a batch of homebrew to throw into the mix and looking for some new ideas of home made/baked goodies to pack with it. I was thinking of maybe something like mini zucchini breads? I also make homemade salsa, and pepper jelly, but I think my relatives may be getting burned out on those since they've been used as gifts previously. What do any of you like to go along with your beer gifting for the holidays?

Pepper jelly is ALWAYS a welcome gift in my household.. even my 3 year olds eat it on everything.
Food and beer, is your family looking to adopt any new members?

Next time you brew save the grains. Rinse them in cold water, dry them on a cookie sheet(s) in the oven on the lowest setting. Then use a blender or coffee grinder to mill it into a coarse flour and make spent grain bread. (I use a standard bread recipe and just add some of the spent grains in it.) Try and find some food grade small bottles at a dollar store/goodwill and make some hop infused olive oil for dipping.

It is cheap and should go well with the beer!

Beer and pretzels are always a hit

Yes, I like those pretzels that are put in the oven with some seasoning (dry mustard? and others). You could make a bunch of those, and then put thin in christmas tins. I make homemade pretzels but they don't keep very well.

I'm not a cookie fan at all, but some people like homemade fudge. That's usually a winner.

There is a super easy recipe that makes seasoned oyster crackers. Those things are addicting! My daughter calls them "Belly Buttons": http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tasty-...ackers&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

The wife and I made baskets for a number of years. Some of our recipients favorites were:

homemade marshmallows and hot coco mix
chocolate covered pretzels and potato chips
homemade truffles
homebrewd ginger ale, root beer or cream soda
and of course beer and cider

Yes, I like those pretzels that are put in the oven with some seasoning (dry mustard? and others). You could make a bunch of those, and then put thin in christmas tins. I make homemade pretzels but they don't keep very well.

I'm not a cookie fan at all, but some people like homemade fudge. That's usually a winner.

There is a super easy recipe that makes seasoned oyster crackers. Those things are addicting! My daughter calls them "Belly Buttons": http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tasty-...ackers&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Those look awesome. I think I'm going to have to make some of those this weekend.

There is a super easy recipe that makes seasoned oyster crackers. Those things are addicting! My daughter calls them "Belly Buttons": http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tasty-seasoned-oyster-crackers/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=oyster%20crackers&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Those both sound great! Never thought of making my own seasoned pretzels/crackers. All great stuff, thanks everyone for the ideas

Back