Beersmith doesn't have my most recent recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
The motherboard on my laptop died, so i pulled the hard drive to transfer everything over to my new machine. I downloaded a new copy of Beersmith2, enter my activation code, then used the import wizard to retrieve the recipe.bsm file from my old hard drive. Most of my recipes came up, but it's missing everything from the past ~2 months.

Any idea why this is the case? Any hope in getting back my most recent recipes?

TIA

Just make sure you keep your original files!

You *should* be able to get them all. I can't tell you why you experienced this problem, but I can tell you that beersmith has a decent forum and tech support. You might get a faster and better answer over there.

Good luck!

I figured it out. My problem was it was only recognizing my original .bsm files, so none of the recipes i had formulated in beersmith2 (with .bmsx extension) were being recognized. I had to C/P the beersmith2 folder with all my recipes onto the hard drive of my new computer before installing beersmith2. When i did this it automatically recognized all my new recipes with .bsmx extensions. I think the problem is the import wizard is only setup to recognize the older .bsm files

Back