Grape Concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keln

Reaction score
How long does this stuff last generally from these wine making kits? It's in a metallic bag and has no expiration dates whatsoever on it.

Yes, it's sterile pure concentrate I believe. I went ahead and used in yesterday to make a new batch of chardonnay. I tested the juice first. It had a good smell and a good sweet taste. A bit dark for white grape juice I think, but it was concentrate and it wasn't totally dark. I'd say it was good. Only other thing I was worried about was the yeast, which was a couple months past it's exp date on the package. I was impatient so I didn't go to the store and just used the old stuff. It's bubbling really nicely this morning, so I think I'm alright.

Well, according to instructions I am supposed to go to secondary in a couple days. But this wine is still bubbling alot, so should I wait until it slows assuming it doesn't in two days? What would be ideal for "slowed" down enough? 1 blip in the airlock per 30 secs? It's about 1/ 8-10 secs now.

Back