• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Keezer - Bar for Sale Alexandria VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPBISME

Reaction score
I had a table top and was in a building mood and so I built two keezers.

It has all new: (feel free to look up prices for the parts alone)
  • a 7.2 Sears Chest freezer.
  • a temp controller, fan, tank and tubing from the Beverage Factory.

It is complete, is on rollers, has spacing between the freezer and wood to breathe.

I built one Golden Oak and this one that is Dark Walnut. (the top is actually a bit darker than the photo,,, I put on a thick finish on the bar top)

This is the "good one" I need to redo the top on the other one,,,, a bit of sanding and a good coat) and I plan to keep it...

It is set up for Homebrew and will hold three (3) Corny-Kegs...

I would like $750.

MORE PICTURES ON PAGE TWO

Walnutfront.jpg

Hmm..... im halfway tempted to buy this one from you as well Dave! Would go great down at my folks lakehouse. Whoever buys this wont be disappointed!

Hmm..... im halfway tempted to buy this one from you as well Dave! Would go great down at my folks lakehouse. Whoever buys this wont be disappointed!

Well I am going to drop the price on Craiglist to this weekend to what was posted here "$800"...

After that I will give it a few days and ten drop the price here also... I really don't need two...

So relook in a week... if you are interested...

DPB

I haven't even brewed my first batch of beer and already think I need something like this.

I haven't even brewed my first batch of beer and already think I need something like this.

Well if you have the tools, finishing stuff, and a table top you can build this for around $750...

Go to the Beverage Company and look up the "Keggerator Kits" for pricing.

I had two towers that I had laying around so I decide to use them and build my two kits.

Most of the time building it is the finishing of the wood... I did mine over the course of a week. (lots of coats on the bar top).

DPB

Pros of this method:
You have a bar top you can use,,, not bump in to the taps.
Because you are using a tower... You don't have to builds a "box" for your Shanks and Taps to connect to

Drip tray can and drainage can be built right into the system (I did not)

Cons of this method
The bar must be rolled out from the wall to get inside.

Failure to do this correctly will result in the taps hitting the wall, turning on, and going all over the floor...

can you throw a few more pics up? especially how it opens and the inside? i'm tempted but i'd want an easy way to open/close to keep extra bottles in, so curious what kind of space there is.

Can you also provide some more info as far as the parts used?

• Sears 7.2 freezer
  • Johnson Controls Temp Controller.
  • Two Valve Regulator from Beverage Factor

I had two towers so I bought Faucets and shanks from the Beverage Company and assembled them my self.

All tubing from the Beverage Factory...

DPB

can you throw a few more pics up? especially how it opens and the inside? i'm tempted but i'd want an easy way to open/close to keep extra bottles in, so curious what kind of space there is.

It opens by pulling it away from the wall and then tipping back.

It holds three (3) kegs.

I will post some additional photos tonight.

DPB

I dropped the price $50 on craigslist.. to $800 so I did the same here to $750.

I would like it to go to a "good home".

I would love to see more pics as well, I have an old refrig converted and a even smaller chest freezer both relegated to the garage... but this looks very nice and is turnkey..... the SWMBO wouldn't mind something like this in "her" house !

Damn...I live in Alexandria, and I am looking for something like this.
Trouble is, I want something that can expand a bit. If you can help me think about how I can add a couple of stout taps, I would be interested.

Damn...I live in Alexandria, and I am looking for something like this.
Trouble is, I want something that can expand a bit. If you can help me think about how I can add a couple of stout taps, I would be interested.

Well it will hold three kegs... so that is one way. Add an additional tap, there is room so all you would have to do is decide where.

You would also have to get a "spliter" as it currently has a "dual"... I migh have an old three way around...

Another is to raise the coller higher so another keg can fit... (I can work but it is a bit harder to "belly up to the bar" that way...

If you want more than three kegs you will need to get a bigger freezer... I think the next size up are the 9 CF ones.

In the past I think there were a few other sizes of chest freezers that were deeper but I think the industry has standardized on what you see at Home Depot and Sears (not that the other sizes are not out there, they are!... but those sizes are much more expense....) I had the same problme replacing a FRIDGE recently... the Sizes have changed in the last 20 years....

can you give the dimensions by any chance? it looks pretty awesome

I built two and one is off Little River Turn Pike (Fairfax City) and the other off Telegraph Rd (Alexandria - the one pictured) so you can see one if you want.

I think the top is 42 inches wide.... it is deep enough to go over the back so the Temp Controller can be mounted to the collar and then still be pushed against a wall.

You can see that it also hangs over the front a bit so you can belly-up to the bar.

Here is a link for the NEW freezer I purchased to build it and it's dimensions are listed

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...0P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=31-81009751-2

Hey OP; could you PM me directions to this one (in Alexandria, right?)? I was working on setting up a Keezer almost identical to this, I am really interested as this would save me a ton of work and it looks like you did a beautiful job!

Hey OP; could you PM me directions to this one (in Alexandria, right?)? I was working on setting up a Keezer almost identical to this, I am really interested as this would save me a ton of work and it looks like you did a beautiful job!

It is about 2 minutes from where Van Dorn and Telegraph road intersect.

Private Message to follow.

DPB

Are you building these often? Custom jobs? I would like something very similar just a few minor changes. No, stain needed. I would like my own color. And flat paneling, no ridges.

I figured its worth a shot

is the tank included as well. thinking hard on this. is it pin or ball lock connections?

Ball Lock...

but connectors are cheap... I mean if you wanted to start buying 1/6 kegs you could just replace the connector.

DPB

Ball Lock...

but connectors are cheap... I mean if you wanted to start buying 1/6 kegs you could just replace the connector.

DPB

Yea, I know. We use pin lock for our homebrew kegs. Had to buy a commercial keg to pin lock converter for the 1 tap system I have now.

Are you building these often? Custom jobs? I would like something very similar just a few minor changes. No, stain needed. I would like my own color. And flat paneling, no ridges.

I figured its worth a shot

I really don't do this for a living and the cost of just the parts is about $700-$750 when building them one at a time.

Well I did two because I had parts for two, then I filled in the rest by buying stuff from the Beverage Factory.

It is not to hard to do but it helps to have a friend with a table saw and has a bunch of different fastners... (screws).

Things you would need:
A table/table top at least 42 inches wide, you need some over hang. Mine was $60.

Home Depot/Lowes
A few 2x4s, 2x3s, 2x1s and a 2x6 for the coller.
Four (4) Casters
I piece of paneling
some molding

Sears and Beverage Factory
Chest Freezer
Temp Controller
Tap, Tank and tubing.

Building one does not take a lot of man hours but waiting for glue to dry and coats of finish to dry are what slow things down. I spent more time "finishing" the wood than anything else.

I might build another one one of these days but the costs go up substatually for Chest freezers of the sizes "I" thnk are perfect for this. The 7 and 9 cubic foot ones are on sale all the time...

If I do do it I wil get an OLD fancy weathered dinning room table and NOT refinish it so as to make it look miore like an old bar...

DPB

Back