So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 gallons of IPA, 10 gallons of Blonde, 10 gallons of Janet's Brown and 10 gallons of Oatmeal Stout. Two 10 gallons systems running on Saturday, what a long one it will be.

Brewing a chocolate coffee stout this next week when the ingredients arrive from rebel brewer. Then probably doing an ipa the next day.

Brewing another citra hopped Pale Ale this weekend.I love these beers! Trying whole leaf hops this time. Also bottling a Belgium IPA that has been fermenting for almost a month and a half.

I wish i was brewing an american red but but but.Im taking a break.......Yeah im already missing brewing only after a few weeks.Oh well i may give in,in the fall and brew to use up my crystal malts i still have.I was trying to use up all my ingredinece but still have crystal malts yet,so i have that in the back of my mind because before it was i have too many hops/base malt.Hopefully those darkand crystal malts hold up over a year good for next winter brewing season.Maybe i should just brew the **** out of those malts and finish them off for good!?

I brewed last night, pitched my starter at 2:30am, and now my ESB is fermenting like crazy, glad I hooked up a blow off tube. Enjoy your home brewing this weekend everybody.

I wish I could drink and brew at the same time. Maybe I'm a lightweight but whenever I've tried that, I start getting all comfortable and lazy. I often drink a toast to the new beer being born after I pitch and get that sucker in the fridge. "Here's to yet another fabulous homebrew!"

I played hooky yesterday and brewed the base beer (American Amber) for a blueberry recipe that has become quite popular with my neighbors. I'll be accepting donations on this batch.:mug:

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of a Bass Ale clone this morning. Need to get another primary so I can start my oat meal stout.

cdeme123 said:
I wish I could drink and brew at the same time. Maybe I'm a lightweight but whenever I've tried that, I start getting all comfortable and lazy. I often drink a toast to the new beer being born after I pitch and get that sucker in the fridge. "Here's to yet another fabulous homebrew!"

I definitely limit myself to one beer before flameout. I have scars to remind me why.

I'm a little late in the season, but I brewed an Oktoberfest Lager this morning. Right now it's cooling down to 45 before I pitch. This will be my first lager. The brew day went pretty good. I hit my Pre-boil gravity and volume spot on, I kept my boil rolling a little harder than usual to help combat DMS and over shot my boil-off by a gallon so I boiled, cooled, and topped off my fermenter with an extra gallon of water to get back to my target post-boil volume. My post-boil gravity ended a little lower than expected, but not by much. Nothing I'm particularly worried about. I made a 2 liter starter early in the week and after it was done I decanted and pitched the yeast into a fresh 2 liter wort. It should be ready by the time my fermentation fridge gets my wort down to the appropriate temp. If all goes well I hope to be drinking my first lager by the last week of October. I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed!

If the weather holds off I am doing a Cascade SMaSH - it's been raining for about 40 days and 40 nights in Maine, about to get biblical up in here...

Today I'll be making a Cider and a Nut Brown. If I have time I will also do a SMaSH of Amarillo and Maris Otter.

Cider - 5 Gallons
NB -10 gallons
SMaSH - 2ish Gallons

Should be a good day!

Brewing a 1gl amber wheat experiment today with saaz and crystal. Gonna try first wort hopping for the first time. Also using homemade cooked sugar since I forgot to buy some candi syrup during the week. Not the same at all, but whatever. Experimentation is fun.

Brewed dagger falls IPA this weekend. I will likely brew wheat ale next weekend. Anyone brew dagger falls before?

Bottling a ranger creek Opa clone and a ipa of my own design and brewing a sorachi ace clone from Brooklyn today long day of beer stuff

I no longer drink while brewing in case I run out of propane etc...or if i require real thinking due to an issue. Everytime I drink more then one beer while brewing something odd happens.

Tasty's Janet's Brown is brewed, pitched and in my ferm fridge. Ran out of time to bottle my Northwest Red, then got called to go out of town for work. I guess I'm not bottling tomorrow afternoon any more. Might get home by Wednesday or Thursday.

Got a new mirror pond clone in the closet!

image-789447587.jpg

I stopped drinking while brewing too. Something odd always happens and I usually am trying to do quick calculation on the fly as I make minor adjustments to the recipe to account for small variations in efficiency. I also find myself with a less than efficient process as I'll forget stuff when I go to the basement or take something to the basement and not grab the things I need for the next step etc, causing more up and down stairs than needed.

Back