4 way splitter help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hey all, wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for sourcing a splitter. i'm looking to duplicate the 4 way splitter in the photo in the link- i'm trying to stay away from getting one of the bar splitters ($), i just want a simple one right off the regulator like this for an outdoor application :drunk:? help! i can't seem to find anything..

http://kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=142

it's just a Wye splitter connected directly to the reg, then another Wye splitter coming off each "leg" of the first one

You may not like a line splitter or manifold as they are properly referred to, but what you need to be aware of is that no matter what solution you use, you need to have check valves on each C02 line.

They can be had for an array of prices depending on material and design, but they are essential if you want to prevent back flow.

You may not like a line splitter or manifold as they are properly referred to, but what you need to be aware of is that no matter what solution you use, you need to have check valves on each C02 line.

They can be had for an array of prices depending on material and design, but they are essential if you want to prevent back flow.

Or one could just ensure that they don't fill the keg above the gas in tube. :drunk:

it's just a Wye splitter connected directly to the reg, then another Wye splitter coming off each "leg" of the first one

its a different one than the traditional wye, i wasnt sure if there would be enough clearance to just use 3 wye splits?

i know i need check valves. i do like the manifolds, but this will be for a paintball tank stle regulator and i'm trying to avoid using a stand alone manifold- i already have one of them on my kegerator now.

its a different one than the traditional wye, i wasnt sure if there would be enough clearance to just use 3 wye splits?

It doesn't look (from the limited resolution of the picture) any different than the traditional wye. Plus, you can always orient the two connecting wyes so that they are out of plane from the main wye.

It doesn't look (from the limited resolution of the picture) any different than the traditional wye. Plus, you can always orient the two connecting wyes so that they are out of plane from the main wye.

duh:drunk: haha, thanks! i just didnt want to pick up the parts and have them "bumpin uglies"

Yep, two Wye splitters. I've got the 2 keg kit with a single Wye splitter. I would like to get another if I could find one. Who sells just the Wye splitter?

Yep, two Wye splitters. I've got the 2 keg kit with a single Wye splitter. I would like to get another if I could find one. Who sells just the Wye splitter?

Any of the major online homebrewing stores. I just ordered one (last night) from Midwest. Since it was so small, I went with Midwest since they charge actual shipping and the rate was so much less than any of the flat rate places.

i just actually built a multi-keg kegerator and used these to fork off the CO2 (forget where i bought them from, not here, these are much more expensive...)
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_40_131_578

1 cross = 3 taps
1 cross and 1 tee = 4 taps
2 crosses = 5 taps
2 crosses and 1 tee = 6 taps
etc

as long as you have a disconnect on the ends of all of the lines, you dont need shut off valves like on an expensive manifold.

I have a couple of old brass splitters both are 5 way if interested.

i actually have a 5 way brass splitter-i bought my regulator used and it came with it from an old soda set up- the problem is that the threads do not match the size needed for beer check valves, so you either have to get a brass adapter (which i cannot find for the life of me) or go with out check valves.

Back