GRABASS Brew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm itching to break out the new AG gear and get things rolling. Richard and Jeff expressed interest in joining me for the festivities, so here's the plan.

Next Saturday (November 11th) at my place. I figure we can get things rolling a little before noon. I can grill some burgers or something for lunch.

Feel free to bring your own gear and whip up a batch yourself. There should be plenty of room on the deck for a few rigs.

Drinks are on the house. I'll have my porter on tap, and various odds and ends in the bottle.

I'll probably need to borrow a few items like a grain mill and a propane burner. I know BeeGee has a second burner that he doesn't use, so if I could get it as a loaner that would rock.

I'm going to the brew-shop this weekend to pick up supplies, so if anyone needs anything, let me know and I can save you a trip.

-walker

My SIL comes that day, so I should be good (I think?). I don't know if I'll brew or not (probably won't) so I can bring you my "good" burner. If I decide to brew I'll bring both. Don't worry about it either way.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My SIL comes that day, so I should be good (I think?). I don't know if I'll brew or not (probably won't) so I can bring you my "good" burner. If I decide to brew I'll bring both. Don't worry about it either way.
Excellent. You're the man!

-walker

Baron von BeeGee said:
Actually, I've got a bunch of extra grains (various and sundry)...let me know what you need before you go spending moolah.

I haven't come up with a recipe yet, but plan to tonight or tomorrow. I'll post it here when I have something.

I'm leaning toward a simple pale ale. I'd like to exclusively use Columbus hops, but don't have any. I know this is one of the hops that was bought in bulk earlier this year and was divided between you and Jeff.

You think I could score some of that from you?

-walker

Cool. I'll figure out my recipe and let you know how much I need. Thanks!

Oh... and this thread is an open invitiation to ANYONE on this board to come on by. There are a few of you in the Raleigh area that lurk on this forum and have not had the tremendous pleasure of meeting me and the guys yet. ;)

Send me a PM and I'll send you directions.

One more thing...

SWMBO is eager to make a big batch of some stew that she just learned how to make. She wanted me to make it clear that spouses and children are also inited on the 11th, and that anyone who wishes to have some stew for dinner is welcome to stay.

-walker

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Sounds like a plan. I can hit the LHBS tomorrow, what do you need?

Thanks, but I'll have to go myself... I plan on cashing in on my $100 gift certificate for some toys, too, in addition to picking up the grain.

Baron von BeeGee said:
What kind of stew?
She actually didn't tell me. I'll send details tonight.

Baron von BeeGee said:
What kind of classes? The Capri classes?
She just started doing this two weeks ago. It's at some Inn down in Fuquay. It's a pretty small class; about 8 people.

SWMBO hardly needs any classes to make her a better cook. She's doing this mostly as a social thing, but is picking up some good recipes along the way.

-walker

My hop randall is almost finished. You mind if we take it for a test drive at your place? I'm thinking we can polish off my keg of APA with a couple of oz. of Cascade or Columbus.

Walker-san said:
One more thing...

SWMBO is eager to make a big batch of some stew that she just learned how to make. She wanted me to make it clear that spouses and children are also inited on the 11th, and that anyone who wishes to have some stew for dinner is welcome to stay.

-walker
You sure about this? My SIL will be in town helping a bit with the spawn and SWMBO indicated some interest in dropping by.

Also...I'm not sure if SWMBO was asleep or awake, but I got explicit approval for brewing so I'll be coming with the full kit! With regards to that, I may have a small order to place before you hit AB.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
My hop randall is almost finished. You mind if we take it for a test drive at your place?
What kind of stupid ****ing question is that?

Baron von BeeGee said:
You sure about this? My SIL will be in town helping a bit with the spawn and SWMBO indicated some interest in dropping by.

Whoever wants to come by can come by. Brewers, SWMBO's, kids, dogs, whatever. Oh... but no cats. I hate cats.

Baron von BeeGee said:
I may have a small order to place before you hit AB.

Speaking of which......

I got orders for both Richard's and Billy's grain bills with intention of going to the store this weekend to do some shopping. Instead, I came down with the flu and spent the past four days in lock-down.

I don't know about Jeff's needs, but three of us need grain, plus Billy needs yeast. How do we go about aquiring everything?

A few things to note:
Jeff works near the LHBS.
SWMBO will be in the general neighborhood of the LHBS on Thursday.
Richard has empty CO2 tanks and needs to go to the LHBS.

It seems like Richard might have to be the pack mule since his trip is unavoidable.

What say ye?

-walker

PS: I'm interested in seeing what our combined grain bill looks like. It might make the price of a 55# sack of 2-row worth considering.

Hey, I'm one of those Triangle-area guys who lurks around the site whenever I get the chance. I'd love to show, but Uncle Sam is sending me to FLA for the week starting tomorrow. Hopefully next time!

Have fun and let us know what y'all brew.

Focus

PS, when's the next beer fest in the area? If y'all didn't go to Wilmington the other week, y'all missed out. It was a awesome day and there were some great regional brews I'd never seen before. Of course, it got a little crowded toward the end, but that was to be expected. Later...

Randall's hop randall will be making its debut at the GRABASS brew orgy. :ban:

randall.JPG

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
An enema nozzle would be interesting

You seem to know a lot about enemas, BB. Anything you want to tell us? :D

I am SUPER stoked for tomorrow. I've got about 24 lbs of grain in my car right now that's screaming for a greater purpose in life.

Tonight, I'm going to make some small modifications to my keggle, but...

I AM READY TO ROLL!

Walker-san said:
I am SUPER stoked for tomorrow. I've got about 24 lbs of grain in my car right now that's screaming for a greater purpose in life.

Tonight, I'm going to make some small modifications to my keggle, but...

I AM READY TO ROLL!

Good luck man! Don't let BeeGee talk you into doing anything you're not comfortable with. Just say no to triple decoction!

Back