man was i stupid....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurlly

Reaction score
first post.....first all grain in progress, 1:15 am!!!
it seemed like at good idea at 10! lol
i was planning on doing this tomorrow, but having everything in front of me (execpt the wort chiller) ready to go got the best of me. i couldnt wait to try my first AG.

i guess the wife never would of thought that buying me a 'Mr.Beer' (insert joke here) for christmas would lead to this. LOL

:mug:

No offense to the Mr. Beer. We all have to start somewhere. Congrats on getting done with an all grain brew so soon in your brewing career. What are you making?

Your stupidity is confirmed... You're stupid! I should know, it takes one to know one;)

Schlante,
Phillip

Yes being "Stupid" usually happens much later in the AG brewing experience. You have over achieved young Danielson! Don't worry, the feeling that a bus hit you today, will gradually fade away and you will be "Stupid" again some day. Congrats on 1st AG. :mug:

Eastside

Wait.

Are you suggesting that it is possible to mash in before 10:00pm?

Isn't there an International Law that HB can only be made by moonlight?

Lemme guess, mash in is dictated by what time the kids are tucked in, right?

Friday nights after the kids settle in is my favorite time to brew, so I'm right there with 'ya.

Ordered a bunch of new equipment (pumps, hose, CFC, 13 gal fermenter) and will attempt a 10 gallon batch soon. Hope to be done before daylight.

thats how i do it too. girlfriend isnt texting me. family is asleep so they dont ***** about the smell or play with my stuff. cant wait for warmer temps though. and im going to steal that clone recipe

yes 5g batch....no chiller. thankfully there are some mean snow banks here right now.

i know, not ideal...but just seemed like a good idea at the time. i will have that chiller ready for the next brew day tho.:D

Back