Anyone Kayak fish?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do- but not in California! I live in Michigan and kayak all spring/summer and fish. In the winter, I live on the Gulf Coast in Texas, and there I kayak fish for flounder, black drum, redfish, and speckled trout.

Again not in cali, you all started the whole thing.

I have been doing it for the last 14 years. I flyfish out of mine and recently got back into using more conventional gear out of them also.

I'm located in San Diego and I kayak fish/ spearfish out in La Jolla. I am currently on a deployment but will be back in 3 months. Just starting to brew though.

I'm also a part-time Texan. I fish when I'm in Texas from my sit on top but so far, only cruise the rivers and lakes when I'm here in Portland, OR. Either way, I'm a big fan of kayaking.

So I'm on a lark here, what with my big-ass Ram-X (and you can ram a lot of X in it, too. Thing is part battleship, part freight ship) canoe sitting unused for a few years now, but this kayak thing. Never done it. Always canoes. Metal, fiberglass, polypro.

What am I looking for? I want to fish from it. Thinking a sit-in.

I do on some local lakes here in AZ. Not sure if it really counts or not :)

I love kayak fishing along the coast of the GoM. It's great getting back in the salt grass where noone else can go. When the tide goes out the bait fish get pulled out. You can see the reds tailing everywhere and just tear them up. It's a blast.

Momma and I just got a 14.5' Perception tandem. We call it the "Empty Nester," as our last one left for college last fall. Came complete with paddles, rudder, dry bag.

kayak.jpg

We're still getting the hang of paddling together, but I figure it will be a really nice fishing platform, especially on the SF bay. A friend of mine has this whole kayak fishing thing wired for halibut and shark on the bay. We also plan on taking it to McCovey Cove at the Giants' stadium for a game or two this summer.

Back