natural gas burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabby58

Reaction score
Has or does anyone here use one of the 23 tip natural gas burners? I currently use an old water heater burner, but it is somewhat slow to boil when I finally tried a 10 gallon batch. I was wondering how well the 23 tip works with larger batches. I hate to buy one and find it is no better than what I use now.

Thanks,
Calvin

If you mean a 23 tip jet burner they use in commercial Chop suey range, it should produce just under 90,000 BTU about the only thing hotter would be a 32 tip jet burner that produces 120,000 btu.

Depending how big your kettles are, the 23 tips might be overkill. The small 10 tip ones work nicely. Those are what I use. There are also several people that use the 23 tip ones and remove some of the jets and put bolts into the holes to bring the BTU's down.

I have the 23 tip burner under a 30 gallon pot and it is almost overkill. It gets the boil going fast and then I have to turn it way down or I get boil overs.

DSCN1505.jpg

2CFC4FA0.jpg

Thank you for the replies. Maybe I will go with the 10 jet burner, I don't think I will ever do more than a 10 gallon batch.

I like jet burners, but it can be hard to turn the heat on low. I have the 32tip jet burner and it works but I had to mess with it and it was a pain in the butt. I don't use it for my BK.

Back