Two tins of brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostyp

Reaction score
Usually brew a lager kit from the tin plus a kilo of brew enhancer twenty three litre kit, what would happen / achieve if I was to use two kits with the same twenty three litres of water? Stronger beer? Thick beer, better - worse taste, or a complete disaster , curious before I spend the cash. Thanks

Sounds like you're doing Cooper's no boil kits. Also sounds like you need to bag the brew enhancer and get yerself a kit that comes with 2 kilos (6.6 lb) of LME. The brew enhancer is simply sugar, which you can buy a lot cheaper. If you're asking its time for you to graduate. Try Brewers best, if you can find it.

More taste, slightly higher alcohol level in that you're using more total fermentables (despite the fact that the extract attenuates less), hoppier beer if you're using hopped extract (technically "over-hopped" compared to the original recipe). More body. Slightly sweeter, less dry (using sugar instead of extract produces a dry, thin, higher alcohol beer).

i used brew enhancer once.. and only once.. why pay 10$ for a little corn sugar and maltodextrin? you can buy both from your local homebrew shop for much less.. yes you can use two tins. but its going to be a very dark beer. and a lil expensive. i've never done it.. my fav was to get a coopers kit and 3lbs of liquid malt extract from the homebrew shop and add that instead of sugar or another can.. i pumped out some decent kits like that.

Latest posts

Back