Does anybody use vinyl stickers as beer labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james138

Reaction score
I'm brand to this hobby and I was thinking of putting the name of my "brewery" on my bottles. It seems most of you guys use paper label. I was just going to have some cheap vinyl stickers made and slap them on. I thought these could be semi waterproof so they might stay on if I just have to clean the inside of the bottle. Would this work? Or do I have to use a new label with every batch?

I was planning on writing the specific type of beer on the cap itself.

i picked up label sheets from ahs & printed mine. they've worked really well so far. i'd think the initial cost of the vinyl stickers would be more substantial than just printing on paper.

Thanks everybody for your input!
Shoreman, you read my mind! I was going to have my buddy who's a graphic designer come up with a logo for me and then have sticker guy do the stickers. I used him a while ago to do some punk rock stuff for me.

Have you used the stickers for beer bottles?

Ya he does alot of stickers for punk bands I uploaded two labels in another post i cant copy the link im on mobile - $20 ones are fine.

I just started offering short run vinyl label printing and custom die cutting. It works great on glass bottles - completely waterproof. Reusable too.

I have a limited amount of designs at the moment but I'm brewing hard to add more. :)

Check out my site at: http://garagemonk.com

Did you have any luck with this? I am doing the same thing (printing on vinyl) and was researching the best INK to use to re-write on the labels. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I had some vinyl cut on Etsy with my logo, turned out pretty sharp and you can write on the necker with a sharpie. It wipes pretty clean with plain rubbing alcohol.

IMG_1443.jpg

Back