Found my new Homebrew shop NJ/NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daver77

Reaction score
A brew shop opened up in Warwick which is like a 40 min drive for me. Great place had everything that I was looking for and more. Met Lloyd the shop owner plumber by trade so you know he knows about cooper coils and rigging all the pipes on a system. Really cool place and although Corrodes is only 15 min from me I will be making the trip here instead.

I got all I need for the next 4 batches minus the 2 row because I already had a bag at home. Finally got around to getting a vinator for bottling. great tool I highly recommend. Overall great place cant wait to go back.

Best part about it is Lloyd knew brewing. I cant tell you how many times I have gotten bad advice at a brew shop. When talking to him it's like talking to one of us.

Anyway check it out you wont be sorry.

I was just up there and tried to find the place as I drove by. I was on a schedule though so couldn't really put too much into it. My cousin ended up swinging by the next day, and spoke highly of the set-up and stock. I'm going to go for sure next time I visit. I was VERY happy to hear about this because I'm planning to move up there soon. Thanks for the review.

So what's it called and where is it? Always looking for a new place to go and people to meet. I'm over by PJ.

I would've definitely been making that trip as well if another brew shop didn't open in Boonton just recently. I still plan to go up there though and check it out.

I would've definitely been making that trip as well if another brew shop didn't open in Boonton just recently. I still plan to go up there though and check it out.

Boonton's closer for me, but neither is close enough to get to regularly. There's a new one up in Sparta somewhere too. I still order the stuff online, but it'd be nice to have somewhere close to pick up a pick part/hop/etc that I forgot to order. Sometimes I stop at the one in Flushing, but that's not always convienent. need one between Paramus NJ and Wayne.

Thanks! The new one in Sparta is North Jersey Homebrew. It is right on 15. The guys are really nice.

It's insane how many new shops are opening up in NJ. I may have been convinced to go that route myself but I think the market is getting saturated.

Bobby I was thinking the same, I had a location scoped out and everything.
Your backround/experience would have been perfect. I think if you opened one where People from New York and Southern CT as well as Jersey could access you would do quite well.

For those in northern jersey a new homebrew shop opened in boonton. Cask and kettle homebrew. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cask-Kettle-Homebrew/154857857916356
He has a full selection of just about everything I'll need. And a big selection of hops. They're having a grand opening celebration next sat if anyone wants to check him out. All I know is that it's nice to have a shop close by finally. Corrados is redicilously over priced.

is there a really good homebrew shop in north jersey though? every time I walk into corrado's I walk out frustrated and buy everything i need from AHS or northern brewer.

Definately need more brewpubs that brew their own in northern nj. Seems like none in the Paramus NJ area. Was thinking of opening one here as it seems to fill a void.

You got a few good ones in North Jersey: Gaslight, Long Valley, Kroghs, and Trap Rock (only one I've never been to, wouldn't let me in with my daughter for lunch!).

Yeah, none of those are really 'north' jersey. None in Bergen County (might be one I'm missing somewhere?). Of those you listed, Gaslight is the closest to the Paramus area at ~40 minutes away. It's the only one I've been to. Was good, but not amazing. Was actually more a German brewpub than the typical American-style burger and beer battered mac n cheese style ones.

There is this new guy named joe. He started the cask and kettle in booton. I am over by Paramus too an its right off of 287. Not a bad drive

Back