Hanna Beer Industry Ph Meter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chhc10

Reaction score
So after becoming extremely frustrated with ph strips and a pen ph meter that will not calibrate, I have decided to spend some serious cash on a ph meter.

As anyone used or heard about the Hanna Instruments HI 99151 Portable Waterproof Portable pH Meter/Temperature Meter For Beer?

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IKNJMU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Let me know what you guys think or if there is another comparable unit. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why it's for the beer industry. Plenty of electronic pH testers adjust for temperature.

I've never had a problem with the pH strips and have confirmed their accuracy at my day job using the lab's pH tester (cost about $5,000 each).

Wish I could help you more. Is there a place you can send your water to test for pH instead of spending nearly $300?

I have one of these Hanna meters I see at $39 below;
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NX0VY2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It came in a master pond water test kit with 5 different tests involved.
It hadn't failed me in 8 years used every other day, dropped into the pond, beat, recalibrated with distilled water plus buffer solutions. Still hold accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pH meter designed for use in a large scale brewery. Lots of design modification for ease of use/protection when you drop it from a ladder, that kind of thing. Those design modifications are expensive. For home use they are pretty much unneccesary.

This is a pH meter designed for use in a large scale brewery. Lots of design modification for ease of use/protection when you drop it from a ladder, that kind of thing. Those design modifications are expensive. For home use they are pretty much unneccesary.

Unless you let Luther use it.

At 8 years use not being gentle plus a few times dropped in the pond it's still working and accurate the $39 Hanna I posted above. Unless a $112 unit falls from the sky i'll repace with another $39 Hanna should this meter fail.

Back