Hop mess up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawkbrew

Reaction score
I'm sitting here waiting for my second AG patch to boil (boy, they're right, a watched pot never boils). I'm brewing a Mocktoberfest. I got all my ingredients ready this morning and noticed that I had 1 oz of tettnang hops, which the recipe calls for, and 1 oz of tradition hops! I got both bags out of the same bin at the HBS. I know this will change the beer, but how much?

Thanks Denny.

Now I had to change my propane tank and lost some boil time, about 15 minutes, it's still not up to a rolling boil yet. Should I just let it boil for 10 more minutes or take it off?

I'd boil to the required volume so you get the required ABV. The IBU may change a little bit but I doubt you'll notice it.

i.e increase the time.

No, no boilover (or return to boil for that matter). I took off the flame with about 6 gallons left. My IC only brings the wort down to about 100 degrees (I'm thinking of using a prechiller, any suggestions?). I cooled it to about 85 and than began to aerate by pouring the wort from bucket to bucket. I got it down to about 79 degrees and pitched. The fermenter then went into a cooler of water with a towel and a couple of frozen water bottles. Checked it this morning and the airlock is bubbling :ban:

According to Brewsmith, my efficiency into the boiler was 77%, I'll take that for my 2nd AG!

Back