Bozeman, MT, anyone live there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downhillfromhere

Reaction score
I'm seeing if anyone on here is from Bozeman, MT? I might be moving up there for work and need to find a Homebrew shop! It looks like there's a bunch breweries up there! Any help would be appriciated :mug:

I live in Bozeman, and near as I can make out, Bozeman used to have at least two homebrew shops right in town, but now there's only one place left that still sells homebrew supplies, and they're in Belgrade, about 10 miles down the road from Bozeman:

Belgrade Liquor
(406) 388-6858
Address: 7001 Unit B Jackrabbit Lane, Belgrade, MT 59714

No, nobody lives there. Everyone left, and it's just a ghost town now.

Yeah, I read the population is 25K and change. But, the same article said it gets down to -40F during January. So you know that's BS. 25K people would be smarter than to live where it gets that cold.

There is also a homebrew club in Belgrade/Bozeman - google bridger brew crew to find it.

To set the record straight - I have never seen temps near -40 here. -20 is about the worst I've seen here and that lasted about 4 days or so.

@carrie_mt - Oh yeah, only -20. That makes all the difference between having to be stark raving mad to live here and having it be a perfectly sensible choice. Why, it's almost up to freezing this morning, so I have a pair of my winter shorts on right now.

Thanks for mentioning Bridger Brew Crew. I didn't know there was a homebrew club here. I'll have to turn up at a meeting and see what's what.

Oh yes - a balmy 30° today! I actually went out for a run over lunch!

I'm a newbie homebrewer myself so I actually just heard about the club. It doesn't show on their website but the next meeting is next Thursday, the 3rd, 6pm at Madison River Brewing in Belgrade. I'm planning on going to see what it's all about...

I am the owner of a shop in Townsend. I know we're a little further of a drive than Belgrade but we have a huge selection of things. I have over 40 specialty malts in stock at all times along with bulk grain and several varieties of extracts and kits. We also stock fresh Wyeast products.

Our address:
Mount Baldy Brewing Supply
214 Broadway
Townsend, MT 59644
www.mountbaldybrewing.com

We also do BOP. I have a 15 gallon Brewmation Brewery and two temperature controlled ferm rooms with V-Vessels for people to use here.

The shop hours are Tues - Fri 12:00 - 6:30PM and Sat 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Feel free to drop on by whenever.

I live in Belgrade, which is 10 miles from Bozeman, where I go to college. Planet Natural has just put in a new home brew section, and it is really well done for out here in Montana, you can also go to Belgrade Liquir, they have some stuff, but selection isn't too big.Other than that, the internet is where I buy all my stuff, but next time I'm using planet natural, because it seems they will have all the stuff to brew!

I wanted to let folks from Bozemen know that we moved. We are now located in Helena at 1525 Dodge Ave, Helena, MT 59601. We are in the same building as Lewis and Clark Brewing Company.

Also our hours changed to:

Sunday - Closed
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Friday 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

We have a huge selection of stuff and a knowledgeable staff. We brew on premise as well.

Cool.
I live in Great Falls and work in Helena a couple of times a month.
I'll have to stop in one of these days.

Shawn

I wanted to let folks from Bozemen know that we moved. We are now located in Helena at 1525 Dodge Ave, Helena, MT 59601. We are in the same building as Lewis and Clark Brewing Company.

Also our hours changed to:

Sunday - Closed
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Friday 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

We have a huge selection of stuff and a knowledgeable staff. We brew on premise as well.

There was a shop on the corner of Rouse and Oak Street in Bozeman. Not a huge selection but they had kits, most equiptment, yeasts, and grains. I lived in Bozeman for 4 years and that shop was open when I went last September.

For anyone still interested, the shop on Oak and Rouse (UBrew at Planet Natural) has a new manager (same owner) and she is a home brewer so is getting a lot of new stuff and expanding the brewing section. It is also a short walk across the parking lot from 406 Brewery.

Back