auber 2362 vs 2372

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slakwhere

Reaction score
so i bought a 2362 a few years back as my first PID for brewing. i didn't know anything about them, but it is in my control panel and working well. i now want to add a second pid to control the other vessel with a heating element. the 2372 seems to boast "built in ssr controls" but i believe my 2362 is doing that as well. both seem to have manual control (which is a must for me). so what's the difference?! :confused:

realized they have a phone # on the site so i called. the 2362 series is a true PID with hard set control parameters for overshoot, etc. the 2352/2372 have fuzzy logic, which will be much better for brewing given that volumes for water in the HLT and BK may be different for big beers vs small beers, and 5 gal vs 10 gal batches. going to order a 2352 and rock out with my new fuzzy logic controller. :)

The SYL-2372 has a built in SSR. However the description contains this warning:

Please note that this is NOT for our DC triggered AC SSR. It can not handle more than 300W (at 110V ) either.

I don't think you would want that one.

yeah, speaking to him he said the SSR isn't powerful enough to handle a heating element of any substantial size. i ordered a 2352. :)

thanks, pj! we all appreciate all your expertise around here. you've helped quite a few of us get our electric systems up and going.

Back