wlp300 yeast and cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofman70

Reaction score
Has anyone else used this yeast to make cider?

do you have any info that would be helpful to other brewers using this yeast to make cider?

Wyeast 3068 here too, but mine is in primary right now. It smells good, if that helps.

There are threads on using various yeasts in cider, just search "yeast experiment".

I used wlp300 in an apfelwein and it turned out great. Mine was still cloudy at bottling (at 4 weeks) but after 2 weeks primed and conditioning in the bottles it was crystal clear. Word of warning, it will ferment out all the sugars and won't leave much apple taste when all is said and done.. but I'm still enjoying it :D

Kubed said:
I used wlp300 in an apfelwein and it turned out great. Mine was still cloudy at bottling (at 4 weeks) but after 2 weeks primed and conditioning in the bottles it was crystal clear. Word of warning, it will ferment out all the sugars and won't leave much apple taste when all is said and done.. but I'm still enjoying it :D

would if i stop fermentation at 2 weeks would flavors be present you think.

roofman70 said:
would if i stop fermentation at 2 weeks would flavors be present you think.
I'd give it the full 4 weeks , kill the fermentation, and add some apple juice concentrate at that point for flavor. That's my plan for the next batch. Right now i'm just hitting each bottle with a half packet of splenda (donated ever so kindly by every cafe i've eaten at lately :D )

Back