travel to belgium

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spui

Reaction score
Hello me and my soon to be wife are going to belgium for our honeymoon in august with a 2 day stop over in dusseldorf germany. Were having trouble finding breweries to visit while were there. I see that the trappist breweries dont offer tours and a lot of the breweries only offer tours to groups. the only one we have locked up so far is de dolle. any advice here would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I've spent some time in Belgium- my advice would be to simply tour the cities (on foot) and visit the various pubs and bars, most of which will have an outstanding beer selection. They will all carry the standard Belgians; Chimay, Duvel, Westmalle, Orval, etc. But they'll also have regional selections that you can only get there. I never lookd into touring breweries while I was there, but you might look to see if Kasteel or La Chouffe offer tours...
Enjoy your time there, it's an amazing country/culture. Drink the local Lambics and Gueze especially. What cities will you be visiting?

Hello me and my soon to be wife are going to belgium for our honeymoon in august with a 2 day stop over in dusseldorf germany. Were having trouble finding breweries to visit while were there. I see that the trappist breweries dont offer tours and a lot of the breweries only offer tours to groups. the only one we have locked up so far is de dolle. any advice here would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I've spent a lot of time in Dusseldorf. You'll have a ball in the old town (altstadt). Eurige is a neat brewery to visit, but right around the corner is Im Fuchschen, my favorite. I've posted a bit of a trip report here... check it out. See if Ollie is working, he might just take you downstairs for some fresh beer from the tanks!

If you're going to Düsseldorf, hit up Köln. You have to try a real Kölsch (Früh or Päffgen are my favorites) and see the Kölner Dom. The cathedral (Dom) is unbelievable and right next to Früh.

cantillon does tours! koningshoeven / la trappe across the border also does tours if you absolutely need to see trappists

Thanks for the info so far keep it coming. The cites in belgium were going to is Bruges, Ghent, Dinant. Were taking a day trip to Amsterdam also.

Back