Best Bottle Capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta know I'm all about the Colona...but Seems to have been some guys not getting the full set of parts with the darn thing.

Make sure and get a bench capper though. The wing styles are great for a few, but by the end of a 5 gallon batch, you're gonna be tired of it.

I'm very happy and satisfied with my wing capper. That said... if I wasn't space challenged where I'm living, I'd get a bench capper.

bench capper all the way...wing cappers can only cap certain bottles, they break easy, and can break bottles.

After buying a few "getting out of homebrewing, buy my stuff" lots I own (in order of decreasing use):
* super agata bench capper - best for my uses
* red baron wing capper - stored in kitchen for onesey-twoseys
* agata bench capper - put in the euro bell for big caps
* cheap knockoff wing capper - flimsy.

i use the agata bench caper and love it. Ive used my wing caper 2 times. Grand total of 2 bottles under its belt. it works good for those couple of caps type of thing, but when you really want to get after it the bench caper is the only way to roll.

I use a wing capper and its super easy to use. I can't understand how people could think one is hard to use or get tired before finishing a batch. But then, maybe a bench capper is like butter...:)

I've never broken a bottle with it either, in 29 batches.

I've used a couple wing cappers, and the red one baron was the best wing capper that I used.

I really do like the super agata bench capper much better than the wing cappers though.

After buying a few "getting out of homebrewing, buy my stuff" lots I own (in order of decreasing use):
* super agata bench capper - best for my uses
* red baron wing capper - stored in kitchen for onesey-twoseys
* agata bench capper - put in the euro bell for big caps
* cheap knockoff wing capper - flimsy.

Which kind of bottles require a euro bell?

I like my super agata bench caper. The wing capper gets old real quick.

Which kind of bottles require a euro bell?

I don't remember who made them but I have a few European beer/champagne bottles and a couple of tall American craft brews that have the bigger crown. I keep them on a shelf together so that I don't accidentally fill them without being ready.

All of them are 20oz or larger, IIRC.

Back