East Coast-West Coast Brew Off WTF?!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh! Hes edumacashun es cleerley moore wel roundid thun yourse. Fansy speleng dont meen nuthing when beering beer, duh! Geve a guy a brake!

Well, I'm unsubscribing from this thread now. That was one-too-many unfunny misspelled posts. Sorry again for the rough experiences the OP and others have endured throughout this "competition." I've learned a thing or two, that's for sure.

I know this is old but the exact same thing happened to me. $20 in shipping and 3 of my best pumpkin ales down the drain!

Airborneguy - This thread is very interesting. I also entered the competition. I originally sent my entries to the address published in the "Entry info section" on the BJCP competition site, only to have the enters refused upon delivery. I contacted Art via email to ask what was going on and was told that the published address was his business address, which was damaged during the storms and is now closed. He apologized and gave me a new address... his home. I noticed too that shortly after the conversation, the address on the website was updated. ($12 FexEx down the drain). I received my shipment back and sent another shipment to the new address ($16 this time since it is residential). Today I received the paypal refund with the same explanation. I was totally pissed given what I've spend in shipping. I have not yet reached out for an explanation, so I'll be interested to see how this goes. Nothing I have states that beers will still be judged. I jumped up on HBT to see if anyone else had posted and sure enough....

BTW, this was the explanation that was given in the refund email....

"hello all sorry for the delay in updating you with the move to the new house and a fight with a dog wood tree ( scratched cornea) the judging has be gone and we should have all the results out real soon. thank you for your patents."

I KNEW it. ...he's patenting our recipes...

Scoundrel.

"hello all sorry for the delay in updating you with the move to the new house and a fight with a dog wood tree ( scratched cornea) the judging has be gone and we should have all the results out real soon. thank you for your patents."

I KNEW it. ...he's patenting our recipes...

Scoundrel.

I love this guy's use of homonyms like be gone for begun...it makes me think he's gone through life never quite understanding what's being said.

I envision this idiot physically boxing an unruly dogwood tree. It makes me chuckle a bit. What I don't understand is why you guys would go to the trouble of patenting your recipes and then simply hand them over to him! Looks like the jokes on you. :)

I met Art in person 'cause a friend and I dropped off our entries to him in person. I think his heart is in the right place but this whole thing snowballed out of control and exceeded his abilities (scheduling it for Thanksgiving weekend wasn't the best idea to begin with.)

The lesson I learned from all this is don't rely on the AHA or BJCP advertising to mean it's a well-organized event. I'll likely stick with people I know personally or corporate events like Sam Adams in the future.

From here on out, events need to have 4th or 5th preceeding the word Annual before I consider entering. I figure by then, all of the kinks have been worked out. I'll also keep entering the HBT contest which honestly has been the best I've dealt with so far.

What happened was unfortunate but some of you guys need not be such whiny little bitches about it. Sure you are out a few dollars that sucks and i agree. The constant whining about not getting your beers back to me is unbelievable just make more.

What happened was unfortunate but some of you guys need not be such whiny little bitches about it. Sure you are out a few dollars that sucks and i agree. The constant whining about not getting your beers back to me is unbelievable just make more.

From the web site:
Art Ford Ii — Competition Coordinator

Shoulda know then that there was a problem if he couldn't be bothered proofing his own name on the page. :D

That said, the thread is useful to warn people to take a good look at a competition before entering. It isn't whining about the beer. It is valid criticism about getting ripped off.

Hey Brewtime, you mean this post?

Re: WEST COAST VS EAST COAST BREW OFF
by Brewtime on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:58 am

Those guys over at Homebrewtalk are a bunch of whiny little biotches. That is why I mainly stay on this board there is not a lot of drama over here
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"

Going on one forum and posting about another's members is a pretty whiny little ***** thing to do. If it's so bad, delete your membership.

:p I am not Art. My typing and writing skills prove that. Just giving my opinion

further proof I am not Art see my post at the end of the page
Morebeer's Brew Chat • View topic - WEST COAST VS EAST COAST BREW OFF

Drew
Drew
"Sure you are out a few dollars that sucks and i agree. " is not the best grammar. :) How about: "Sure, you are out a few dollars and I agree that sucks."

"The constant whining about not getting your beers back to me is unbelievable just make more."

should be:
"The constant whining about not getting your beers back is to me unbelievable; just make more."

Finally, when you wrote " I am not Art. My typing and writing skills prove that. Just giving my opinion ", you forgot the period after opinion.

Just having some fun with you. :)

Back