Old Speckled Hen clone on tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
I am wanting to brew this but wondering, do I push it from the keg with CO2 or N2??:confused: I got a few OSH in a can and loved the stuff and have read that its even better from a tap. How is it poured over in England? Creamer faucet, stout faucet??:confused: I would like to serve it with that nice thick creamy head. :mug: Sorry for asking so many questions, I havent been able to do much research lately due to "war games" :rolleyes:

How is it poured over in England?

If you go to the right pub... right off the cask (cask-conditioned). The head is typical of British ales... they don't make a big deal about them. Matter of fact, some look at head as wasted glass space that could be filled with beer!

Most beers poured in Britain have the british head. I had a canadian lager with a group of co-workers once that had the british head and mouthfeel. Kind of wierd for a light lager. I love the mouthfeel on british beers. I would try to get as close as possible if I could. I bought a Boddington's at Epcot last year because it was on-tap and served the same as it is in England.

Back