New Brew shop in Palatine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
Stopped by a new brew shop that just opened in Palatine called "whats brewing". I met the owner while I was there she was very pleasant. Prices where very reasonable and she had a good selection of bulk grains all sealed up in nice air tight containers. The store was small but well laid out and they have a sweet grain mill in a beautiful hand made cabinet made by her husband. The gap was a little wide for my taste but it looked very adjustable, plus it was large the rollers on this thing were easily 12 inches. I definitely plan on stopping by and getting some stuff because its so close to work for me. If your in the area go check it out, they have only been open 5 weeks and could use some support from us brewers.

This is fantastic news! Just moved to Mt Prospect and there just wasn't anything near me. In Chicago I had all kinds of choices. I'll be heading there this weekend to pick up some supplies. Thanks for the heads up.

Some additional details for anyone interested. Definitely the most convenient to my location as well.

335 W Northwest Highway , Palatine, Illinois 60067
(847) 359-2739

Their FB page also says they do CO2 refills! Very nice.

So I have been going to this shop quite regularly now since it opened. The owner and her staff are really cool people. Today i dropped by to pick up a thermometer just as they were hitting a keg of little sumpin sumpin that they had made. I have to say it was mighty good. ended up hanging out for 30 min drinking and bs'in about beer.

good to know, thanks. i have had good luck with brew and grow, are there any other chicagoland options to check out?

The only ones I've been to are brew and grow Roselle and crystal lake, whats brewing in Palatine and the home brew shop in St Charles. I like B and G for the wide selection but i love whats brewing because its 5 min from where i work and they sell all there grain in bulk plus they are very personal. For me it just easer to stop by whats brewing on my way home then hit b and g which is 30 to 45 min out of my way. I buy all my base grain from the chicago group buy and my bulk hops from farmhouse so i just use the others for misc stuff

I'll have to stop by and check this place out. About the same distance from B&G for me, but with the recommendation, I will certainly give it a shot.

I've seen mention of this place as well, but never visited. I always end up at Brew and grow. Great store, but it'd be nice to check out a new place!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Home Brew mobile app

Not a huge fan of the brew and grow in Chicago that I have been to, however the guys at Brew Camp just south of Lawrence on Damen are great. They are especially helpful to a new brewers like my buddy and I who are currently on our third batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've heard good things about The Brew Camp. Pity it's all the way in the city.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Home Brew mobile app

Back