Schlafly American IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstrohs

Reaction score
O.K., so I just tried Schlafly's AIPA and IMO it is by far Schlafly's best bottled beer. The beer is a special release so I encourage those in St Louis or in Schlafly's distribution market to give the beer a try. You won't be disappointed!!:mug:

I really like Shlafly beer. Their Kolsch won a gold medal at the World Beer Cup this year.

Schlafly is a quality brewery and they make several excellent brews, this being one of them. Personally, I think their pumpkin is their best selection, but thats just my opinion. Their Irish Style stout is surprisingly good, it puts guiness to shame.

I'll take their American IPA over most. It may sound like blasphemy, but I've had a Pliny that was fresh and for my tastes I like the Schlafly better. Gotta clone this one so I can have it year round. It seems like Schlafly has really stepped it up in the last 3-4 years. Their whole line seems to have improved with not a single bad beer.

slarkin712 said:
I'll take their American IPA over most. It may sound like blasphemy, but I've had a Pliny that was fresh and for my tastes I like the Schlafly better. Gotta clone this one so I can have it year round. It seems like Schlafly has really stepped it up in the last 3-4 years. Their whole line seems to have improved with not a single bad beer.

Any luck with that AIPA clone? That's one of my favorite beers of all time and I'd also love to have it year round.

I was lucky enough to have Schlafly beers to be my nonBMC beers. I have since moved from STL, however am still within their distribution radius. Even aged more than they should be they are delicious quality beers!

Any luck with that AIPA clone? That's one of my favorite beers of all time and I'd also love to have it year round.

No such luck. I finally got all the hops I need to try to clone this though. Centennial, Simcoe, and Amarillo can be hard to come by all at once. I'll update this thread when I get a close attempt.

No such luck. I finally got all the hops I need to try to clone this though. Centennial, Simcoe, and Amarillo can be hard to come by all at once. I'll update this thread when I get a close attempt.

Would love to hear how your clone turns out. I'd love to take a run at this for my next batch.

And also, as good as this it's a shame that Schlafly would only produce this on a limited basis. As other's here have noted, this beer can go head to head with a lot of other well respected national/regional IPAs.

Cheers :mug:

Back