2nd Cider Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tried something different this time.

5 gallons of Tree Top 100% apple juice
5 gm of Red Star Cote des Blancs yeast.

OG = 1.046

Nothing else added as I want to see what this gives me before making adjustments.

Now I just wait ..........:ban:

Yesterday SG was 1.010--- Bottled 2 1/2 gallon bottles w/a 1/2 tablet of Camdem in each.
Today SG was 1.003. Bottled the rest of the 4 gallons. Right now all 5 are in the refer.
Had some trouble w/the siphon and I wound up drinking a lot til I took off the little red end that goes in the primary. Worked much better w/o it.

But I think I'm a little drunk :)

Should I camdem (sp) the rest?
Gonna keep them all in the refer till they are all drunk. Oops I mean til I drink all of it. :)

Wow is all I can say. abv seems to be 5.7

Took a few oz to wash down my morning pills and it went straight to my head.

Gas was building in the plastic bottles during the night and I released it so nothing would explode. Little more gas in the morning.

Think I'm gonna like this stuff.

Let me get this straight. You bottled four day old cider at 1.010 with campden tabs in the bottles and had it for breakfast? I don't know what to say.

Let me get this straight. You bottled four day old cider at 1.010 with campden tabs in the bottles and had it for breakfast? I don't know what to say.

Yupp

I'm a newbe and it was getting pretty dry at 1.010. But I only did one gallon.

The next day it was down to 1/003 and I bottled the rest. Was afraid of it spoiling in the warm Hawaiian heat. It's pushing 80 outside during the day.

I have it all if two refers now.

Of the second 4 gallons, 1 got camdem tables also. This is just an experiment. I don't really know what I'm doing.

But I know if I don't get it cooled it will spoil here in Hawaii.

Still learning from what you experts have to say.

Thanks

Back