Fresh Hop Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budger

Reaction score
It's that time of year again,and I thought I'd see if anyone out there has any fresh brews going on out there.

I just racked my single hop Simcoe IPA onto 7-8 oz of fresh hops. The smell is amazing. I can't wait to taste. It's being entered into the Fresh Hop Ale comp. here in Yakima.

If anyone has the time/desire, it's an awesome place to be.

http://www.freshhopalefestival.com/

I'll be at the yakima festival again this year. I decided not to enter the competition this year since I was out of town at the end of august and wasn't sure when I would have time to brew.

Is the only way to get the fresh hop taste to add them after fermentation, or can you get a similar effect by adding them to the boil?

You Pacific Northwesterners think you're so cool with your "fresh hops this" and your "fresh hops that". You guys can keep your fancy hop festivals. We southerners have travel the earth twice before we get fresh hops. :)

j/k Im jealous! I have yet to use whole fresh hops in any of my beers, yet. I dont really know what Im waiting for.

Back