Sweet Delicious Mowlawner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
So we brewed up a beer for a little local exchange and it turned out really tasty. Thought that I would post for anyone that would like to try.

Summer Pale Ale

5 gal

Summer Pale Ale

OG 1.052 / FG 1.010 / IBU 39 / SRM 7

7 lbs Maris Otter
2 lbs Flaked Rye
1 lbs Victory
.5 lb Crystal 40

1oz Centennial (9.7%AA) 45min
.5oz Centennial 10min
.5oz Centennial Dry Hopped on day 5 for a week

US-05 yeast

155 mash for 60 min, boil 60, ferment between 60-65 for two weeks in primary and then carbonate.

It comes out really nice and dry, great hop flavor and a bit of a kick around 5%. I actually over sparged, and over attenuated so I got an OG of 1.048 and FG of 1.008.

Enjoy

I like it! Simple, easy and tasty.

I may try this. I've got an open fermenter...

Bob

It is ready quite quickly and really tastes great. The dry hopping accentuates the crispness and pine. Here's a pic that I poured warm out of the keg after it was shaken up. I would love to say that it is clear, but it isn't :) That is a process thing though, I really need to invest in a wort chiller

photo-701364.jpg

Just shared a bomber of this yesterday with a couple of folks and it has a lovely rye characteristic just in the backbone of it. very nice

I took my keg to an impromptu afterparty last night. Young, yeasty, warm, and undercarbonated, but really quite drinkable. It was colder, unagitated, and better carbonated (though younger yet) when this pic was taken:
3508360811_875349c6fe_m.jpg

Mine went from 1.049 to 1.011.

I just drank all three of the bottles I was going to promise you 944play :) I will rebottle some in the next couple of days and not drink them this time :mug: It was just so hot here that they were refreshing and simply there cold in my fridge.

My batch is just coming into its own. The body has caught up with the bitterness, but it still has a hop-dominated nose. Nice and clear with great lacing.

It has a twinge of the band-aid burps, I'm afraid.:mad: Subtle, but distracting. I even carbon-filter my Star San water. The only vector I can think of is MLT rinse water.

Hey, it being the end of May we need to hook up and trade this. I have two bottles for you if ready. PM me.

Back