23 ounces of Columbus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notwoohoo

Reaction score
I just acquired 23 ounces of Columbus hops (some are super high alpha- 4oz). Anyone got a recipe that highlights Columbus (hop devil?).

Columbus is my favorite hop, You can make great IPA's with it, although I have used it in Brown ales, Amber ales etc.....

Excellent! The alpha of some of these pellets is the highest I've seen. I've not used Columbus too much, is it good for dry hopping?

You can dryhop with Columbus. It is similar to Cascades, but not as intense. It's a great universal bittering hop though.

I just did a double IPA that used Columbus for the bittering hops and it turned out great. The bitterness is very pronounced (I think it came out at ~90 IBUs), but it's such a smooth bitterness that it drinks pretty easy for a double IPA.

Thanks for all of the insights. I'm thinking of doing a series of single hop pale ales. I'll be sure to include an all Columbus pale ale.

Latest posts

Back