Sugar Land Flying Saucer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashford

Reaction score
The latest establishment of this chain opens Saturday. Super excited since this means good beer on my side of town! See you there!

They need to open one up in the woodlands/conroe area. Molly's/Bakers Street ain't cuttin it.

Comos said:
They need to open one up in the woodlands/conroe area. Molly's/Bakers Street ain't cuttin it.

+1 for North Side
Too many dbags at baker in opinion and I want some good beer!

+1 for North Side
Too many dbags at baker in opinion and I want some good beer!

my girlfriend lives in the Woodlands and we would hit the Gooses Acre for a pint or two of Southern Star Pinebelt, but I don't think the kitchen/bottom bar area is back open after the fire. Now we drive into town and hit the Petrol Station for a killer Rancor burger and some good IPA's (plus it's close to Karbach for a tour and some tasty Hopadillo). but I agree, the Woodlands is behind on the good beer movement.

We have three flying saucers up in the DFW area plus their higher end Meddlesome Moth. I have mixed feelings about flying saucer. The beer list is extensive but 99% of it seems to be the same stuff I can find at bottle shops in the area so I have a hard time wanting to pay their higher bar prices for all the same stuff I can drink at home. (Although the Meddlesome Moth has more beer I can't find.) Their pint nights are ridiculously overpriced. However they are usually the best option for a sizeable beer list wherever they set up shop.

the nice thing about the Saucer or those good little taphouse dives, they carry the Texas brews that are up and coming that are hard to get in Spec's, etc. The Karbach's, (512), Ranger Creek, etc.

Check out the BRC Gastropub on Washington. Great tap selection, good food, cool vibe. Petrol is still one of my fav places.

the nice thing about the Saucer or those good little taphouse dives, they carry the Texas brews that are up and coming that are hard to get in Spec's, etc. The Karbach's, (512), Ranger Creek, etc.

Check out the BRC Gastropub on Washington. Great tap selection, good food, cool vibe. Petrol is still one of my fav places.

I second your comment on them carrying the Texas brews. Plus they run all Texas pints @ $3 on Sundays. Hard to beat.

Karbach has quickly become a favorite brewery.

I just got my Plate at the Sugarland Saucer, Makes #5 in Texas. I like the location and the staff. I come down from San Antonio 1-3 times a month and always stop in.

Back