Columbus hops (FFF Arctic Panzer Wolf DIPA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerocd

Reaction score
So bottom line question I have is about the hops. Could care less about the recipe in total. I had a snifter of this DIPA tonight, and it's got this musty, earthy, mushroomy kinda aroma to it. I asked the bartender and he's pretty sure there's centennials in there - and I got the grapefruit coming thru but the other aromas pretty well detracted from the brew. (IMO) Could columbus give this flavor, or fuggles, or ??? What hops could/would give this aroma/flavor?

I asked the ECCENTRIC owner, who claimed to be the gardener and was quite interesting, but had no answer for me. :drunk:

-OCD

Yeah, fuggles or EKG is what I guessed. Found one description of the beer with a guy guessing Columbus. I don't know what happens to these flavors when you put in enough to get 100 IBU. The owner was pretty funny - but the hops are a secret apparantly.

-OCD

Cool thanks - never used simcoe. Now I probably never will.

Back