A Busch Light, please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friend, Tom, really enjoys cheap, yellow fizzy beer. He can usually be seen sipping from a can of Natty Light with a look on his face as if he just tasted the nectar of the gods. Often, he pronounces "Busch Light" with a rather French sounding twist, making it sound far classier than it really is. I finally got the story behind that:

Tom was on a Euro-trip of sorts with some friends, and they traveled to France. At a rather fancy restaurant, one of the guys asked, "Do you have any Busch Light?" The waiter replied, "Bougelet*? Yes, we have Bougelet." So, an order for Bougelet was placed. The waiter returned with an already uncorked bottle of 1942 Bougelet wine, to the tune of about $300 US.

* Bougelet (sp?) - pronounced boo-zha-lay

That's is so funny. Well, it wouldn't be funny if it happened to me, but since it happened to someone else, it's hysterical.

Busch light- nectar of the Gods! I don't really like Beaujolais very much but it's better than Busch Light!

That is pretty funny. I thought Beaujolais was supposed to be consumed while it's young (1 or 2 years old). 1942? I think the French were having fun with him... especially if he was in Paris.

Dang! Why would anyone go to France and expect to be able to find Busch Light?

Latest posts

Back