What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 99281

Kiwi Red Ale HB from nukebrewer. (I'm assuming its the KRA, nuke uses a very sophisticated coding system and I don't have my decoder ring). Very nice, I am picking up some Nelson Sauvin in here, one of my favorites. Good stuff!

I was able to try one of those too in December. I really enjoyed it!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it's being enjoyed by all who try it. Gives me high hopes for the competition on Saturday I entered it in. You are indeed correct, Allen, it was dry hopped with two ounces of Nelson. :mug:

Awesome, I'll hopefully be going to Grumpy's tomorrow night if I can convince SWMBO to go out. Also nice Abrasive. Just finished some coffee bender the other day

Grumpy's also has Abrasive and Darkness on tap. Couple Indeed offerings as well. Best li'l dive in the city. Make sure you got to the NE location on 4th though, the Washington St. and Coon Rapids locs. did not get Northgate yet.

Duvel "bottle conditioned" Belgian golden ale...according to the label......all I saw was 8.5% and grabbed two for home :)

Grumpy's also has Abrasive and Darkness on tap. Couple Indeed offerings as well. Best li'l dive in the city. Make sure you got to the NE location on 4th though, the Washington St. and Coon Rapids locs. did not get Northgate yet.

They have Darkness on tap still? Wow, that is great. I for sure need to get out there.

Attachments

• 690552_0.jpg
    690552_0.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 78
DFH pumpkin ale...keeps getting better with age some how, i thought it was going to lose the pumpkin

Strong coffee, light chocolate, slightly biscuity and a solid bitterness with a nice hop flavor in the background. I really need to get some more next time I am in Texas.

20130206_202700.jpg

Just tapped my Mike's Brown Ale. I impressed myself.

That's a Blind Pig glass. Vince Cilurzo was the Brewmaster there before Russian River. Vince got me hopping my beers much more aggressively. One pro brewer said I was "arrogant" with hops.

I never ceases to amaze me. The first glass from the new keg. A wonderful Brown Ale with nice hops and a belt of dark malts. I came up with this recipe. I brewed it. I nursed it along in its fermentation. And, in spite of all that, it tastes really nice. Brewing is something that I find satisfying on so many levels.

image.jpg

2nd round of White House Honey Porter. Mango wine on deck after this. Trying to be like our pal bottlebomber was last night.

ForumRunner_20130206_191925.png

Strong coffee, light chocolate, slightly biscuity and a solid bitterness with a nice hop flavor in the background. I really need to get some more next time I am in Texas.

I have seen that everywhere and yet pick it up. I'm starting to get a sixpacks now. I usually get just bombers and some are awesome but sixpacks are a better deal. I might get some soon. I need to do a trade and drink my cellar down.

Root beer while I'm taking a break after that Imperial Red. Root beer, and a bowl of homemade chili, spiked with a few globs of Ghost Chili/Trinidad Moruga hot sauce :fro:

At Ale Asylum in Madison. Just finished up a Hopalicious and moving onto the Contorter Porter. Delicious.

image-2505409994.jpg

Hydro sample of my Irish red. Gonna bottle in a few days and pretty pleased with it except I wanted more of a red color than copper. It will definitely get me hammered on St Pattys day though!

Widmer-Omission pale ale.Good stuff. No surprise from them,making good beer or nothin.Really good sessionable hoppy glutenfree pale ale. Its not like the others.They nailed it.

My Imperial Red. 12% and a 22oz bottle. Recipe for fun times.

Someone posted a thread earlier asking about hops to use for an Imperial Red and I got to messing around in Beersmith on a recipe for my take on it... Out of curiosity what yeast do you like to use on this? My recipe has an OG of 1.095 and I would like something with an attenuation that won't leave it cloyingly sweet obviously.

Thanks!

Lefty's Smoked Porter
Lefty's Maple Ale
's how I found out I don't care for smoke or maple flavor. Personal preference. But a heck of a buzz from 8 ABV bombers.

BrewinHooligan, lemme know if you get that red color worked out. I'm looking for methods to get red without bitterness.

Someone posted a thread earlier asking about hops to use for an Imperial Red and I got to messing around in Beersmith on a recipe for my take on it... Out of curiosity what yeast do you like to use on this? My recipe has an OG of 1.095 and I would like something with an attenuation that won't leave it cloyingly sweet obviously.

Thanks!

My OG was 1.106. 100% Citra, 1.5 lbs total (1 oz 60, 2 oz 30 pellets, 1 lb of wet hops split between 20, 10, 5 and flameout, and 5 oz pellets dry hops). And I used Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale fermented around 62. Wet hops are quite faded at this point, but still some left. Definitely sweet and full, but also a pretty strong bitterness, so I think it's pretty balanced.

My OG was 1.106. 100% Citra, 1.5 lbs total (1 oz 60, 2 oz 30 pellets, 1 lb of wet hops split between 20, 10, 5 and flameout, and 5 oz pellets dry hops). And I used Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale fermented around 62. Wet hops are quite faded at this point, but still some left. Definitely sweet and full, but also a pretty strong bitterness, so I think it's pretty balanced.

Right on. Thank you. Good call on the 1728... I hadn't even considered that.

I think I'm gonna go with all Galaxy hops on mine and call it Red Shift... :fro:

They have Darkness on tap still? Wow, that is great. I for sure need to get out there.

Yep, had some last week. Spectacular. There was a haul that didn't go to Chicago, so Surly released it to JJ Taylor. There's been kegs here and there and Four Firkins and a couple other places had bottles a couple weeks ago. Nice li'l surprise.

Got this li'l beauty from Nuke. Excellent IIPA.

HPIM2021.jpg

Epimetheus said:
Lefty's Smoked Porter
Lefty's Maple Ale
's how I found out I don't care for smoke or maple flavor. Personal preference. But a heck of a buzz from 8 ABV bombers.

BrewinHooligan, lemme know if you get that red color worked out. I'm looking for methods to get red without bitterness.

I've used 4 oz. of carafa II to some good success in an Irish red I've done a couple time. I think I learned that from Mr. Conn.

Back