Help! 4th Keg isnt carbonating in 2 weeks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseRC

Reaction score
Ok, I had 3 kegs in the Keezer set at 12 psi. A week and a half ago I kegged a Stout and put her in the keezer. On that same day I cleaned the keezer and accidentally left the Temp probe out for 1 day... so some of my beers half froze but not the stout. I found the issue exactly 24 hours later. 2 of the other kegs I had to pull out and let defrost. Its almost gonna be 2 weeks and the stout is hardly carbonated. I pull the relief valve and hear the co2 escape and no leaks.

Here my CO2 line setup I have a 4 way valve distributor with check valves on each one. I believe I also have a check valve on the CO2 line out at the tank. On the distributor, the 1st port is split into 3 with a 4 way fitting. I have Kegs on all those 3 lines and the the stout is on its own line on the 4th port on the distributor.

Here's my question , is it possible the 3 kegs that are on the 1st port got over carbed during the partial freezing and are preventing my stout from carbonating properly? I think I undertand how the check valves work, but I guess its possible one is faulty. I just dont get it.

I been carbonating for a year and this has never happened before. Usually on day five I can feel some carbonation and by 2 weeks for sure.

IMG_4202.JPG

The first port on right runs to a 4 way splitter. It is connected to 3 kegs that partially froze on me. The last port on the left is connected to my stout which didnt freeze , but also isnt carbing.

Is it possible that the O-rings on the stout keg could be damaged? How often do you perform seal checks? Other than that, I'm not sure. Especially once the first three were frozen, you would expect the CO2 to go where there was the least resistance - the stout...

Well I did spray starsan all over the post and keg lid and nothing. I've switched them around now and have the stout on the same port/line as the other 2. If anything I'll end of with a bit more carbonation. We'll see after a few days. I figure it should also help with lower the cargonation on those 2 kegs that might be over carbed.

I had a porter recently do the same thing. Sprays with starsan didn't show any leaks, but after nearly 3 weeks it still wouldn't carb. I finally pressured it up to around 30 and tried the shake and roll method, and found out that it was leaking from around the lid. Once I racked it over to a different keg, it carbed right up.

damn, I guess I better take her out and mayber turn it upside down see if any thing comes out?

Back