You bet your arse I'll be there.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubbies

Tastes like butterdirt
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This just opened about 15 minutes from me. Quite an impressive menu. I haven't made it through the bottle menu yet, but I imagine it will take me a while to get through the drafts.

Kind of stinks that they dont serve food. You can get food from local restaurants (they are all right there next to each other) but a place like this should also serve food IMO. Also, personally I am not fond of the no smoking thing, but I like the fact that they took it upon themselves to make their own decision for their business and didn't need the government to do it for them. Anyways, looks like I am going to be drinking some good beers Saturday night!

Very impressive list. There are quite a few on the bottle list that I'd love to get my hands on.

Short answer is no, but it depends on what you like. There are a ton of restaurants in that area, but 90% of them are just chains. There is a couple really good ones though.

One of the best beer bars in California, the Toronado, doesn't serve food. But there is a bangup sausage place two doors down & a pizza-by-the-slice place, both of which will deliver to the T. You have to walk over to order & pay, though.

Yeah and this sounds even easier than that. I havent been yet, but the way I understand it is they will have the menus to the local places at the bar, and you can place your order with the staff and they will arrange to have it picked up/delivered and they bring it to you at your table. I am not saying it is a "bad" idea, but I just think a place's food is part of it's appeal. I will still be going as regularly as possible, but it would just be that much more appealing if they had their own food.

This is the place that opened up here a little over a year ago.

Tap and Mallet public site

We've basically moved in, and have become a permanent fixture on Saturday afternoons. Rochester has always had some good options for beer, but this place is my Mecca.

Back