Kegerator opinions desired

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you first need to ask yourself how you are going to use it and what you want out of it. For that same price you can get a chest freezer that could fit 8 - 10 cornies.

Kilted Brewer said:
I think you first need to ask yourself how you are going to use it and what you want out of it. For that same price you can get a chest freezer that could fit 8 - 10 cornies.

Will probably only have one keg going at any given time. I'm also at a premium for space so a chest freezer would be far too large.

It does come with a CO2 tank, not sure of the size. How much would the Cornie hook-ups cost??

Depending on how the compressor is arranged you might be able to get 3 cornies, but most probably 2.

Is the floor flat and humpless?

Wahoo Wheat said:
Yes, it would be going on a flat surface.... most likely the dining room. SWMBO is thrilled..... :D

They floor inside the fridge, not your floor. Many small fridges have a hump in the bottom of them that houses the compressor and cuts down on usable keg space

c.n.budz said:
They floor inside the fridge, not your floor. Many small fridges have a hump in the bottom of them that houses the compressor and cuts down on usable keg space

Ahhh..... the floor of the fridge.. of course.... Who let the new guy in anyways.... :D

the inside did have a slight hump towards the rear of the unit. Probably is the compressor.

I don't imagine a time where I'll need space for more than 2 cornies...... I'm sure that's what everyone says though. :D

Kornkob uses one (I think) as well as Edwort and I was under the impression that you could fit 4 cornies in there. If your intentions are to run only one CORNY keg, then you could just get a Sanyo for less than $200.

I'd say go with this deal as it allows you to run a commercial keg (those won't fit in the Sanyo) and allows you to expand if you ever desire to.

Back