My Ginger Ale - HOTTT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSpook

Reaction score
I have been introduced to Blenheim's ginger ale and I love the burn, especially with a good bourbon mixed in. Bad part is it is really hard to get here, and almost impossible off of the East coast. So I went in search of a recipe to match and this turned out damn good.

For a 2L batch

1 lime, zested and juiced
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2C honey
1/2C turbinado
1/2C light corn syrup
1/2C crushed pineapple and juice (use fresh if you can)
1 large piece of fresh ginger (about 12oz)

Fill up the 2L bottle with water and dump into a pot. Add lime zest and juice, cinnamon and bring to a simmer.

Add honey, turbinado, corn syrup and simmer for 20 minutes.

Put ginger and pineapple in food processor and run for 10-15 seconds until it is finely chopped.

Turn off heat and add ginger/pineapple, let steep covered on stove until cooled down (I let mine go about an hour)

Strain and put in fridge until cool.

Carbonate and enjoy. This has a real good bite to it - at least so far, I made it this morning and am about to make myself a drink :)

Cheers!

When you chop ginger in the food processor, do you peel it first?

Peeling it takes a lot of time and I would like to avoid it if possible.

A little trick to peeling ginger...run some cold water over it while using a spoon to scrape away the skin. Should come off pretty easily.

And I think I'd call this a Ginger Beer, not a Ginger Ale.

Back