Alcohol Booster Addititves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robklein

Reaction score
Is anyone knowledgeable about the the additives to boost the alcohol content by 1%. I enjoy my beers stronger, but i would rather not sacrifice flavor for extra alcohol. Along with that, does it really boost by 1%? Thanks

:cross:

seriously you should just adjust your recipes by adding extra fermentable, more malt extract or if you are making a light beer rice syrup solids. Of course there is the possibility of just dumping some cheap vodka in there that really boosts the ABV pretty quickly.

I know that austinhomebrew.com sells a 1% booster with their kits. I think he said it was DME and dextrose, but I'm not certain.

I would just adjust the original recipe, if I wasn't doing a kit.

I know that austinhomebrew.com sells a 1% booster with their kits. I think he said it was DME and dextrose, but I'm not certain.

I jam on these once in a while. If you really want to get Forrest going, Ask him if it's just dextrose! HA HA HA!

Seriously. It's a great way to bump the %abv, and it's not like you're using it to turn your beer into vodka or anything, so don't be giving us any grief about using it to just make swill!

Austin Home Brew sells the stuff for $2 and it's a great, cost effective, and reliable way to gain 1% abv, which really doesn't sound like much, JUST REMEMBER that in a 4% beer, that's a 25% increase!

Latest posts

Back