Bottling iced coffee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kithara

Reaction score
I know there a lot of threads about when and how much coffee to add to a recipe when brewing, but what about just coffee by itself? My wife and I both like to cold brew our coffee, and it would be much more convenient if we could do it in large batches. Does anyone have experience with brewing up some coffee and then bottling it? Does it stale too quickly for this to be reasonable? Just curious, thanks!

I brew about two weeks worth at a time and just chuck it in the fridge in mason jars. I've done side-by-side comparisons and can't tell the difference. Are you looking to store for longer than that?

Do you seal them in any particular way, or just screw the lids on? Two weeks would probably be a reasonable amount to have on hand at any given time. Do you keep them refrigerated the entire time, or just let them sit in a cupboard somewhere? Thanks for the info.

How are you brewing the coffee?

I use 1.6 cups ground coffee to 1/2 gallon of water and let it steep for 12 hours at room temp.

For my taste that makes a concentrated 1/3 (coffee to water) coffee that gets me through about a week.

I also store the coffee in a ball jar and keep it in the fridge.

I havent noticed any degradation in the taste over a weeks time.

Cheers!

Kithara said:
Do you seal them in any particular way, or just screw the lids on? Two weeks would probably be a reasonable amount to have on hand at any given time. Do you keep them refrigerated the entire time, or just let them sit in a cupboard somewhere? Thanks for the info.

Nope, nothing special. I just screw the lid on and chuck it in the fridge.i haven't pushed it much past two weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn its possible to go longer. Coffee will spoil eventually, but it's reasonably stable over the periods in question here.

Nope, nothing special. I just screw the lid on and chuck it in the fridge.i haven't pushed it much past two weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn its possible to go longer. Coffee will spoil eventually, but it's reasonably stable over the periods in question here.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how long it lasts especially since I can taste a significant difference in fresh brewed versus 4-5 day old beans.

Back