*Facepalm*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
After having a smoke with a co-worker she saw me refilling my water bottle.

Co-worker: "Don't reuse your bottles! That is so unhealthy for you!"
Me: *Facepalm*

Outside of a bar talking beer history and general beer geek-age.

Patron: "Humans were boiling the water to make it sanitary then they decided to make it taste better so they added barley. Eventually they realized hop oils added alcohol."

LOL

I go camping a lot, and was looking up really warm down comforters to use instead of sleeping bags. Most of the reviews for the extra-warm ones had a line like this:
Reviewer: "Too warm to use in the summer, but I just blast the A/C on high."

Reviewer: "Too warm to use in the summer, but I just blast the A/C on high."

Must be my wife's ex. It has to be 80F before she's warm enough, so the bed is piled with covers. I have trouble getting to sleep if it's much over 70F. Then about 2 a.m., she gets over-heated and I get cold.

{We won't mention the poodles.}

I saw a guy come into the office who works in the field all day and he took his empty water bottle and put it right up to the water cooler spigot and filled it up. Discusting IMO, he had his mouth on that bottle all day and now he is putting it up to (with the spigot inside his water bottle) the same spigot the rest of us need to get out drinking water from. After that day I never got water from there again. They all probably do it. I told him I didn't like it, he kind of blew me off (wait....what did I just say??) lol

A store clerk once told me that Pig's Ass Porter "Has chocolate hops in it."
Of course I felt the need to politely inform her of her error & explain a few things about chocolate, hops & beer.
Regards, GF.

After having a smoke with a co-worker she saw me refilling my water bottle.

Co-worker: "Don't reuse your bottles! That is so unhealthy for you!"

QUOTE]

Um can you say double fascepalm? AFTER HAVING A SMOKE blah blah blah THAT IS SO UNHEALTHY.

Nothing against somking (I did for 10 years) but seriously after inhaling tar and concentrated carcinogens, she tells you refilling a bottle is unhealthy?

Thats like a guy driving a Humvee telling you to accelerate slower to conserve gas.

Why is that supposedly unhealthy?

I've also heard that leaving a bottle with water in it in the sun will leach BPAs or something-er-other.

Um can you say double fascepalm? AFTER HAVING A SMOKE blah blah blah THAT IS SO UNHEALTHY.

Nothing against somking (I did for 10 years) but seriously after inhaling tar and concentrated carcinogens, she tells you refilling a bottle is unhealthy?

Thats like a guy driving a Humvee telling you to accelerate slower to conserve gas.

That was the reason for the facepalm and why I underlined the having a smoke part. Come in from having a cancer stick to tell me that I am doing something unhealthy? IRRRONNNYYYYY

Because of possible bacteria in your used water bottle. Yeah, I've heard that one too. But if you recycle it you're wasting energy required to recycle, and if you throw it out, you're Hitler reincarnated.

Here's a little tidbit of information you may want to consider... Your waste disposal company has a recycling quota every month as dictated by feds. Once they hit their quota guess what happens to all those plastic bottles you thought you were recycling.

facepalm

Here's a little tidbit of information you may want to consider... Your waste disposal company has a recycling quota every month as dictated by feds. Once they hit their quota guess what happens to all those plastic bottles you thought you were recycling.

facepalm

Ugh. Seriously? All that work to separate and it just gets tossed?? How do I verify this?

facepalm

Calling Bravo Sierra on this one....source?

That link talks about the caps which apparently do not get recycled.

What headbanger was suggesting was there are Federal quotas for municipalities
and when those quotes are reached, anything above/beyond goes into a landfill.

So if your town is only allowed to collect 600 tons of plastic/year and it collects 700, that extra 100 goes to the landfill....as I said, this does not pass the stink test.

That link talks about the caps which apparently do not get recycled.

What headbanger was suggesting was there are Federal quotas for municipalities
and when those quotes are reached, anything above/beyond goes into a landfill.

So if your town is only allowed to collect 600 tons of plastic/year and it collects 700, that extra 100 goes to the landfill....as I said, this does not pass the stink test.

Yes it is disheartening to say the least.. as for verification I don't know but I do have it under very good authority that this is the way it works with most, if not all, disposal corps. Even worse is that the quotas are nowhere near where they should be, my source told me that they are usually done recycling by the 20th most months.

Bottom line is that really the best way to recycle is not to use plastic products in the first place if you can avoid it.. ie a good water filter or water service vs bottled water.

:mug:

Yes it is disheartening to say the least.. as for verification I don't know but I do have it under very good authority that this is the way it works with most, if not all, disposal corps. Even worse is that the quotas are nowhere near where they should be, my source told me that they are usually done recycling by the 20th most months.

Bottom line is that really the best way to recycle is not to use plastic products in the first place if you can avoid it.. ie a good water filter or water service vs bottled water.

So are you telling me that there are federal limits on the amount of plastic that can be recycled by a given municipality, yet those limits are not published anywhere?

"A good authority"?.....seriously?

again: Bravo.....Sierra.....

So are you telling me that there are federal limits on the amount of plastic that can be recycled by a given municipality, yet those limits are not published anywhere?

NO no no.

There is a MINIMUM the govt wants.

Lazy effers do that much and then pitch the rest.

whiskey, echo.. yes, seriously.

No, the feds limit the $$$ they will subsidize for recycling. It costs money to recycle something with little to no value like plastic. Assuming that waste corps are not in business to lose money, it's safe to say that they won't recycle a worthless material unless they are either subbed for it or required to do so. The corps know how much they can recycle based on the fed funds they are getting, hence the quota. Common sense right?

Funny wife things:

We got new custom envelopes, with our return address pre-printed on them. She folded one up, stuck it in an envelope, and sent to her dad. Probably could have just sent the one she folded. Duh.

She thought a lunar eclipse was when the sun passed between the Earth and the moon.

Still, after all these years, she turns the video camera sideways to frame tall subjects in portrait mode. Video turned this way is hard to watch on the TV.

She said there was a weird rattling noise that occasionally came from inside her car. I never heard it, but I took it in for her. The mechanic found her lost cell phone, on vibrate, in the car door pocket.

Same mechanic fixed her car's CD player. He asked me how two identical CDs from some pop star got stuck in there together. Identical CDs. Wife says that when the first CD stopped "working" in the player, she bought another and just jambed it in there with the first one.

I could go on and on. I love her, so I facepalm after I leave the room.

Funny wife things:

We got new custom envelopes, with our return address pre-printed on them. She folded one up, stuck it in an envelope, and sent to her dad. Probably could have just sent the one she folded. Duh.

Just maybe......;) If she wanted him to send something back, then this might make sense.

She thought a lunar eclipse was when the sun passed between the Earth and the moon.

WAS SHE WORRIED?????lol

Surprised she didn't prepare to be deep fried to dust if that was gonna happen.

Funny wife things:

Still, after all these years, she turns the video camera sideways to frame tall subjects in portrait mode. Video turned this way is hard to watch on the TV.

She said there was a weird rattling noise that occasionally came from inside her car. I never heard it, but I took it in for her. The mechanic found her lost cell phone, on vibrate, in the car door pocket.

Same mechanic fixed her car's CD player. He asked me how two identical CDs from some pop star got stuck in there together. Identical CDs. Wife says that when the first CD stopped "working" in the player, she bought another and just jambed it in there with the first one.

I could go on and on. I love her, so I facepalm after I leave the room.

Bless her heart

Ordering lunch yesterday....

Clerk: Can I get your name for when your order is ready?
Me: Jared... J..A..R..E..D
Clerk: is that with a G or a J
Me: its a J
Printed on the receipt: JEROD

Ordering lunch yesterday....

Clerk: Can I get your name for when your order is ready?
Me: Jared... J..A..R..E..D
Clerk: is that with a G or a J
Me: its a J
Printed on the receipt: JEROD

NICE haha.

Whenever I order over the phone and am talking to someone of the asian persuasion, they always change my name to HONG (my name is HANS). Seriously, it has happened at the pizza place by my house, 2 different teriyaki places, and a burger place by my work.

I think they go through 2 levels of surprise. 1) I don't sound asian over the phone, 2) I definitely do not look it in person.

NICE haha.

Whenever I order over the phone and am talking to someone of the asian persuasion, they always change my name to HONG (my name is HANS). Seriously, it has happened at the pizza place by my house, 2 different teriyaki places, and a burger place by my work.

I think they go through 2 levels of surprise. 1) I don't sound asian over the phone, 2) I definitely do not look it in person.

What's worse, this was in person.

I spend all day on the phone so I know that sometimes G's and J's, F's and S's, D's E's and P's can get confused but when I'm standing in front of you....

Is it wrong to think that clerk has reached the pinnacle of her career?

I was driving with my wife, and apparently she was in a hurry. I stopped at a red light. She yelled at me that I could have made that light if I sped up.
The two cars that were in front of me also stopped at that red light.

*UGH*

annasdadhockey said:
I was driving with my wife, and apparently she was in a hurry. I stopped at a red light. She yelled at me that I could have made that light if I sped up.
The two cars that were in front of me also stopped at that red light.

*UGH*

It all depends on how big your brush guard is...

NICE haha.

Cartwright? Cartwright?

Last edited by a moderator:
At Yellowstone earlier this summer. Wife asks me if the wolves eat the buffalo, or do the buffalo eat the wolves? Man, I love that woman.

That is epic.

NOT facepalm, but I had a buddy who worked there one year and came over a hill to see a Grizzly eating a Buffalo......Or was the buffalo eating the bear? I'll google it.

A buddy of mine used to work for a tour company in Alaska, and had these for us:

Lady: My it is beautiful up here. What elevation are we at?
Buddy: Well being that this is a boat&#8230;sea level, <looks over edge> maybe 4 feet to be exact

<While on a whale watch>
Guy: So where do you keep the whales when you not giving tours?
Buddy: What?
Guy: Do you keep them penned in near the docks, or is there a cage under the boat?
Buddy: Uhhhh, no&#8230;their wild.
Guy: huh.

Lady: So when do the deer grow up and turn into Moose? Is it the same as going through puberty?
Buddy: Uhhhhh
Captain of boat: Nothing to do with age, it has to do with the altitude they reach up in the mountains.
Lady: That&#8217;s so interesting&#8230;

Back