keg equipment taking delivery taking forever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
I just wanted to get some other people's opinions on my situation. I ordered basically everything for kegging except the fridge from a company over three weeks ago and still have not received it. I emailed the company a week after placing the order to see what was going on. They told me my drip tray was on back order. I asked them to replace it with a beer line cleaner of equal value. Never heard back. Another week goes by and nothing. I email them again in the middle of the third week. I get an email back that Friday telling me that he assures it will be sent out yesterday. Well I know it only Tuesday, but any other other time I order something online I get a shipment confirmation as soon as they do it. Just wanted to see what someone else would do in my shoes. I feel like going on a month is a little ridiculous. Nothing I ordered was custom. I was ready to keg this past weekend and now just waiting. Am I overeacting?

I'd personally want some clear answers or else cancel the order. When i'm spending that kinda money, i want a little customer service. I've done all my orders over the phone with kegconnection.com and they are great.

BA_from_GA said:
I'd personally want some clear answers or else cancel the order. When i'm spending that kinda money, i want a little customer service. I've done all my orders over the phone with kegconnection.com and they are great.

Yea well it was between the company I ordered from and keg connection. Guess I made the wrong choice

Or just ask here what member's personal experience a store. I have had no issues with the following. Morebeer.com, midwestsupplies, northernbrewer, bargainfittings.com, cynmar, Amazon. Oh my goodness, I think I have a shopping problem. !! Help me.

kapbrew13 said:
Or just ask here what member's personal experience a store. I have had no issues with the following. Morebeer.com, midwestsupplies, northernbrewer, bargainfittings.com, cynmar, Amazon. Oh my goodness, I think I have a shopping problem. !! Help me.

They are a vendor on this website and are reputable

Um, were reputable. I'd CALL them and ask for a tracking number that proves it was shipped. As a vendor, know things get backed up once in a while but if I know there will be a delay of more than a couple days, I contact the customer and let them know and give them the option for a refund.

Bobby_M said:
Um, were reputable. I'd CALL them and ask for a tracking number that proves it was shipped. As a vendor, know things get backed up once in a while but if I know there will be a delay of more than a couple days, I contact the customer and let them know and give them the option for a refund.

Well they never told me it was shipped yet. He just said they were going to ship it on Monday. I think I'm just going to cancel it and order from keg connection

I probably ordered from the same company.
I ordered some Perlick 525's, shanks, tubing and connectors on 17 June, had my card charged immediately but the order still hasn't shipped. They were good enough to call yesterday (Monday) and tell me there has been a recall on all the 525 faucets and would I like to upgrade or downgrade.

If you ordered Perlicks then perhaps that is why your order hasn't shipped yet. Mine still hasn't.

I probably ordered from the same company.
I ordered some Perlick 525's, shanks, tubing and connectors on 17 June, had my card charged immediately but the order still hasn't shipped. They were good enough to call yesterday (Monday) and tell me there has been a recall on all the 525 faucets and would I like to upgrade or downgrade.

If you ordered Perlicks then perhaps that is why your order hasn't shipped yet. Mine still hasn't.

I ordered Perlick 575's, but I didnt think there was a recall on those. Does anyone know if there is a recall on these too?

I finally got tracking today from keg cowboy. I think I ordered like the 20th of June. I would assume a sponsor on this forum is considered "reputable" to an earlier posters response.

I finally got tracking today from keg cowboy. I think I ordered like the 20th of June. I would assume a sponsor on this forum is considered "reputable" to an earlier posters response.

Well I ordered on the 20th also so hopefully i get a confirmation also. If you dont mind me asking what did you order?

id like to know if it was kegcowboy as i was thinking of putting in an order if it was will you pm me thanks

I have had 1 very good experience with this vendor. I ordered my keg parts and burner, with the 4th of July coupon, they shipped and arrived in a short period of time and all seem to be working as advertised. I would recommend this vendor as I would do business with them again.

Posted this in another thread:

Thefirebuilds said:
6/23 and was immediately charged as expected.

6/30 I emailed through the site for a shipping update (still has not been responded to as of 7/7)

7/1 I called for a status and was hung up on after a 12 minute on hold while the the person who took my call had some pleasant personal conversations with other customers coming through the door that I could hear. I called back and was told there was some item that couldn't be fulfilled that was supposed to be in Monday but my order would ship Saturday (7/2) or Tuesday (7/5).

7/7, my original request for a tracking number is still unanaswered and I still have yet to receive any information regarding shipping. So far 14 days and no information about shipping.

Manager called me to apologize Monday and said it would go out today. Received tracking number last night.

sometimes it helps in these situations to let the vendor know that while not illegal it is usually against their agreements with the credit card companies to bill before being ready to ship. There are exceptions such as when it is fully noted that an item can take up to xx amount of time to ship. Here is info from a consumer site on credit card info:

Can mail-order merchants charge my card before they ship?
According to Janet Hug of Visa USA, "a merchant is not permitted to bill ahead of time" except in case of a deposit or down payment that the customer agrees to.

MasterCard said in a letter that a merchant can charge you before shipment only if s/he tells you and you agree to "the terms and conditions of the sale."

American Express said the merchant can charge your card as soon as you give your account number; but if you receive the bill before the merchandise, call Amex customer service and you don't have to pay while they investigate. (return to Index)

Mknox4354 said:
They are a vendor on this website and are reputable

It really doesn't matter. A comapny is only good as it most recent sale. To make customers happy they need to provide consistent service. If there is going to be a problem with an order, just let us know. Give use accurate answers. I never go by what the company used to be. Also make sure to read all recent reviews. Some people are never satisfied.

kapbrew13 said:
It really doesn't matter. A comapny is only good as it most recent sale. To make customers happy they need to provide consistent service. If there is going to be a problem with an order, just let us know. Give use accurate answers. I never go by what the company used to be. Also make sure to read all recent reviews. Some people are never satisfied.

Yea I did read recent reviews and all I guess I chose a bad time to order.

Mknox4354 said:
Yea I did read recent reviews and all I guess I chose a bad time to order.

Happens sometimes but the retailer at minimum should keep you informed.

kapbrew13 said:
Happens sometimes but the retailer at minimum should keep you informed.

Yea I actually talked to them today. They finally told me it was the perlick 575s they are waiting on. There just going to send me some standard faucets fir now for free. I wish they just would of done something like this sooner. At least they are trying to make it right. I understand things happen with running a business. It is just all in how you handle it

I recognize a few names on here. Sorry everyone on the 525ss problems we were left in the dark as well as every other vendor. If you are still seeing them for sale then possibly the seller doesn't know about the defect. Nobody called all of a sudden they were just out of stock and they just stopped coming one day without warning. Still unaware of the issue we scrambled to find competitors who had them and found out about the problem in a round about way. Then we finally got confirmation after we called the mfg. Still no resolution reached as of today so no matter who you ordered from if 525ss faucets were in the mix it was probably due to stop in production.- Jeff

You might be surprised how quickly they respond when you contact the BBB. It sounds like you tried to rectify this yourself.

Brent1992 said:
You might be surprised how quickly they respond when you contact the BBB. It sounds like you tried to rectify this yourself.

I'm not out to cause them problems. I just wanted my stuff but like I said I'm getting some faucets temporarily from the now. Hopefully the perlick 575s are in soon

Yea I'm waiting on a set of these too

It appears tomorrow - most people opted to upgrade to the 575 so we have them coming in from 3 sources - one billed tonight with an expedited shipping charge so everything points to tomorrow. Sometime you have to take a loss when your name is on the line.

Kegcowboy said:
We got billed tonight for some so I can only hope tomorrow. I hate to promise anything unless I have my hands on them.

Awesome well I guess give us a heads up on here when you do get them in. I'll be waiting patiently. Thanks to you guys for sending me some standards until you get these in

Mknox4354 said:
I'm not out to cause them problems. I just wanted my stuff but like I said I'm getting some faucets temporarily from the now. Hopefully the perlick 575s are in soon

Fair enough, good luck I know how aggravating it can be.

Back