I've got a theory...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
So I've noticed that as I age my beers in the keg over a week or two they get better and better - I think a lot of this has to do with things falling out of the beer.

Now listen to this theory,

One of the reasons that it does get better overtime is because I'm drinking from the bottom of the keg and the more I drink the clearer the beer is that is poured into my glass (because the beer at the top of the keg has had more fall out of it than the stuff at the bottom)

So it not just a matter of stuff falling out - I change the relative flavor of the overall keg every time I pour a pint

Get what I mean?? Is that too deep?

Your too deep... into the keg.

Seriously though, I think part of what you are saying is correct. I don't know that you are necessarily drinking all the yeast and sediment out, but it does have more time to settle out.

The other part is that some of the flavor components of the beer breakdown over time into things that taste better or are in concentrations below the taste threshold or have no taste at all.

Back