Sparkling Peach White Wine, Great Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Nice Guy

Reaction score
I never post any brew recipes but this is my favorite out of the many gallons of wine I have made and recipes I have come up with. This wine is dry but doesn't seem dry because the smell and body are so nice. I would compare this to a champagne, the peach flavor is light yet comes through very well because of the wonderful boquet.

I love Apfelwein and always have 5 gallons on tap but now it is going slow. The peach wine is just as dry but has no sourness like an Apfelwein. Plus this really doesn't have to age, it tastes great young.

Don't drink a few pint glasses of this, it is probably well over 10%!

White Grape Peach 5 gallons
5 gallons of White Grape Peach Juice (I prefer wal-mart brand)
3 cans White Grape Peach juice frozen concentrate (thawed)
2 cans Niagare White Grape frozen concentrate (thawed)
D47 yeast

Easy directions: Mix the above, put in carboy, wait 2 months or until clear which usually takes 4-5 weeks, bottle, enjoy!

Optional: Pectic Enzyme, Yeast Nutrient

Starting Gravity: really high
Finishing Gravity: Low

All of this goes in a 5 gal carboy, make sure to shake everything well to oxygenate and mix the concentrate in. Then add the pectic enzyme per diretions and let it work if you have some, this just helps it clear but you probably don't need it. Then I pitch the yeast. I usually make a starter. After a day or two I add some nutrient which you also really don't need. I use foil for an airlock for a week then switch to a real one. This helps the wine take up O2 during the respiration phase, once again, not necessary.

Now just wait a month or so until it clears and if you can stand it age it for a couple of months. No need to rack!

Carb it up with 5-6 oz of corn sugar or keg it, it will go fast!

hmmm i would try this out if i had any free fermenters... I have a gallon carboy free, maybe I'll try a small batch. Sounds intriguing.

Try it, it is awesome. I have even made some 1/2 gallon batches right in the bottle the juice came in and they were great! For those I used corn sugar instead of concentrate and boosted the og to 1.072-74 which made a lighter but very good wine.

Try it, it is awesome. I have even made some 1/2 gallon batches right in the bottle the juice came in and they were great! For those I used corn sugar instead of concentrate and boosted the og to 1.072-74 which made a lighter but very good wine.
I would love to try this can I use fresh fruit instead of juice?

How much corn sugar do you add for a 1 gallon batch to get the og up that high?

If you don't want to use a hydrometer, you can calculate how much sugar to add by using an online calculator such as at:
http://www.brewhaus.com/Calculators-C108.aspx (third one down)

See how much sugar you are starting with by reading the label on the juice bottle/can, then calculate how much you need to add to get to the desired potential.

I made a 1 gallon batch of this today. 1 gallon of white grape peach juice + 4oz corn sugar. Juice SG of 1.065. Gravity after adding corn sugar was 1.075. Pitched one package of D47. Smells really good. Can't wait til it's done.
IMG_0940-1.jpg

I made a 1 gallon batch of this today. 1 gallon of white grape peach juice + 4oz corn sugar. Juice SG of 1.065. Gravity after adding corn sugar was 1.075. Pitched one package of D47. Smells really good. Can't wait til it's done.

Any updates? I think I might bottle my JAOM to make room for this...

Silly question, I apologize. When the wine has finished, and is clear, I then add the corn syrup to the entire carboy, incorporate it well and then bottle this. Park the bottles in a cool spot in an upright position, for about how long before the carbonation should take place?
Are you using champagne bottles and champagne corks, or is this light enough that a standard bottle and cork is appropriate?

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't received more attention. It sounds like a good recipe. Has anyone else tried it?

Saramc you can't use wine bottles they are not pressure rated they will go pop. Either beer bottles, champagne, or swing tops. Oh and you use corn sugar not corn syrup.

Is the sugar content in the five cans of concentrate enough to boost the S.G. high enough to produce a 10 percent abv, or should one expect to add some sugar on top of the recipe to get an abv this high?

im up for this should start a thread to see how many gallons of this is made sounds easy enough

i found the 5 gallon at walmart but none of the frozen concentrate, also id like to know what kind of flavor the apricots give it and how much to use?

i found the 5 gallon at walmart but none of the frozen concentrate, also id like to know what kind of flavor the apricots give it and how much to use?

Here is what I used to make my 6 gallon batch of WGPA:

11 of the 1/2 gallon jugs of Walmart 100% White Grape Peach Juice
5 of the 11.5 oz cans of Welch's 100% White Grape Peach Frozen Juice (found at Fred Meyers)
2 of the 46 oz cans of Western Family Apricot Nectar (found at cash and carry)
4-1/2 tsp of Pectic Enzyme

OG 1.070

Covered the carboy with AL foil overnight, and pitched Latvin D47 the next day with 3 tsp of yeast nutrient.

SG ended up at 1.000 after about 3 weeks when I added 4 oz of corn sugar and bottled.

Recently found the last bottle, which was about 11 months old, and it tasted much better that the early bottles, which were still good. Next time I'd probably leave it in the carboy a couple of months longer.

The Apricot, from my understanding, adds more of a "peachy" flavor once fermented. This did have a nice peach tone. One person did say that it tasted like "artificial" peach flavor, but no one else made that comment.

These do pack a kick, three bottles would do me in. Your mileage may vary.

This looks amazing. I also have a few questions about the recipe.

First, I think this question was mentioned earlier but does the juice have to be from concentrate? I have brewed a few sparkling wines with fresh juice and I always find it better than juice from concentrate. Not sure if this would affect the recipe at all.

Also, I usually don't use nutrient, and was just wondering what your opinion was on adding it. i know you said you don't need it, but do you think it enhances it or is it just an unnecessary step.

I would love to try making this!

looks petty good if i can find the concentrate and apricot nectar will try thanks

Making some of this now couldn't find the white grape / peach concentrate so we just used 4 white grape concentrate...
Hope it comes out good smells good

Hey kids, just chiming in!

I've made this a few times in small batches and we loved it enough that I now have a 6-gallon batch underway.

My question is this: the frozen concentrate lists preservatives in the ingredients--I thought this was a no no? In the past I've used apple juice concentrate (fyi: the "white grape peach" juice is actually over a 1/3 apple juice) to up ABV and flavor a bit, but was hoping to use the peach concentrate instead to increase some of the fruitiness. I forget what preservative was listed so maybe it's not an issue.

FYI, things I've found from my 4 batches: Lavlin 47 is my preferred yeast, I add 1/3 the recommended amount of yeast nutrient, though I didn't always, I prefer to use frozen concentrate or juice instead of any sugar.

The OP used frozen concentrate, and I used "Welch's 100% White Grape Peach Frozen Juice" concentrate and we both had great success. :drunk:

I actually have a book on making wine called "101 Recipes for Making Wild Wines at Home: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Herbs, Fruits, and Flowers" by John N Peragine Jr. and Lynn Keay that suggest making some simple batches of wine using Welch's grape juice to learn the basics steps before doing a "serious" wine. Personally I never tried it, but have to assume it must work since they recommend it.

I'd look for concentrates with the least additives, but concur that the preservatives used, if any are not a problem. I think I've only used Welch's, and Orchard Hills from what I recall, and both worked well.

Brew on....

Thanks-- I did more research and the welch's frozen concentrates contain a small amount of sulfites which won't be too much of an issue. I think for me, I plan on letting the yeast multiply in the juice to build up a good healthy population and then add 3-4 cans of concentrate.

cowboybuckup said:
What stores is every one finding their White Grape Peach juice frozen concentrate ????
Like will mart Safeway ect...

Fred Meyer's in Oregon.

This recipe looks so good. I started a 5-gallon batch of this late night. Since I'm a newbie, thought it would be a perfect recipe for me. I couldn't find "white grape peach" frozen concentrate, so I substituted "white grape raspberry." Hoping it would affect the taste in a bad way

thanks

This recipe looks so good. I started a 5-gallon batch of this late night. Since I'm a newbie, thought it would be a perfect recipe for me. I couldn't find "white grape peach" frozen concentrate, so I substituted "white grape raspberry." Hoping it would affect the taste in a bad way

thanks

I substituted the concentrate for just white grape conceteate but it sure dose smell good
Good luck

found it white grape peach frozen conct. foodlion apricot nectar juice krogers in the natural foods section

Like so many others I had a difficult time finding white grape peach juice. I decided to buy two gallons of Old Orchard 100% white grape juice and two pounds of fresh peaches. I'm gonna juice the peaches when they're ripe, mix it with the white grape juice, add pectin enzyme and ferment with D47. Here's to hoping it works well...it's my first batch of wine.

I took an SG reading yesterday and it dropped from 1.075 to 1.003. I can't believe I had an apparent attenuation of 96%. It's quite tart at the moment. My plan is to let it sit for another month in the 66-70 degree range, add Camden, and back sweeten this a little bit at bottling time.

Here was my recipe due to a lack of finding the white grape peach concentrate.

1 gallon of Welch’s White grape juice
3.5 gallons of Welch’s White grape peach juice
4 cups of cane sugar
2 pounds of peaches
4 tsp of pectin enzyme
3 tsp of yeast nutrients (DAP)
2 tsp of Nutriferm Advanced (1 tsp added 24 hours after yeast pitch & the second 48 hours.)
5 crushed campden tablets

O.G. = 1.068
F.G. after 5 days = 0.992

has anyone tried backsweetening this with the white grape peach concentrate? i have 2 left over i tried it last night little dry for my taste but it was still good

has anyone tried backsweetening this with the white grape peach concentrate? i have 2 left over i tried it last night little dry for my taste but it was still good

That sounds brilliant to me. If you try it, let us know how it works out.

Do you guys know what to do with a white cranberry pi not grigio that still smells yeasty a week before I'm supposed to bottle it??

I back sweetened this with 5 frozen concentrate (white grape peach)it is great i just backsweetened until i could taste the peach come out; drank the first bottle last night everyone liked it.will make some more

Back