sankey keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalisi

Reaction score
has anyone seen a 15.5 gallon keg with a rubberized outside? I think this one was for miller light. Also, it looked like it might be aluminum instead of SS. Didn't know if you could buy the outside rubber. It kind of looked like it was dipped though.

I have one I converted into a fermenter. It's an outside layer of rubber, with a double wall SS (not aluminum) sandwiched around another layer of rubber. Not sure why you'd want to buy the rubber, but you could probably replicate it with that stuff they spray in pick-up beds.

so I'm guessing with the rubber in between welding a coupler is out... I saw your tread after I posted this one. I was thinking the coating would be a good insulator.

I have one I converted into a fermenter. It's an outside layer of rubber, with a double wall SS (not aluminum) sandwiched around another layer of rubber. Not sure why you'd want to buy the rubber, but you could probably replicate it with that stuff they spray in pick-up beds.

Sorry for the thread-jack, but can you explain how you use it as a fermenter? Do you just stick a stopper/airlock in the valve opening?

Sorry for the thread-jack, but can you explain how you use it as a fermenter? Do you just stick a stopper/airlock in the valve opening?

I cut a hole in the top that fits a corny keg lid. The lid had the removable valve that leaves a hole just the right size for a small stopper and airlock. With that capacity, I never have to worry about a blow-off with a 10 gallon batch. Works great.

Latest posts

Back