SHRIMP (no pics yet) what to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Got some BIG beautiful pinks for dinner tonight.

Thinking kinda decadent, but might just go shrimp cocktail.

Any thoughts?

When I used to get fresh shrimp all the time, panko, Parmesan, & fresh garlic in the broiler was always my fallback.

When I used to get fresh shrimp all the time, panko, Parmesan, & fresh garlic in the broiler was always my fallback.

That sounds good...you are saying lightly breaded? Kinda makes me think shrimp parmesan in marinara........

I have some dark roux needing to be used.......but dammit! I did gumbo a week ago.
LOVE gumbo, but these shrimp need to be SHOWCASED!!!!!

EDIT*DOH!! sorry! saw gumbo in the web address link and assumed! My bad.

hmmmmm.....

That's a lot of butter. That might be a winner!

Marinated in Frank's Hot Sauce, and grilled. Small tortillas, avacado, diced white onion, and cilantro. Shrimp tacos.

Pics or didn't happen.

No seriously... pics please?

I vote salt and pepper with a little olive oil and panko... very simple.

Ooooh, and make a siracha ginger teriyaki dipping sauce............................................

It didn't happen!!! yet;)

ForumRunner_20121206_173047.png

Those are some biguns! Kinda breaded, i think I'd toss it all together and then throw the extra panko/cheese mix on top of the shrimp in the baking dish. Knowing me, there was probably some butter in there, too. I need to quit helping you figure out what to make and start thinking about our dinner. Worked on the neighbors barn all day and have about 6 hours of beer stuff to knock out tonight, ooh, speaking of panko, there's eggplant parm in the freezer.:)

That sounds good...you are saying lightly breaded? Kinda makes me think shrimp parmesan in marinara........

I have some dark roux needing to be used.......but dammit! I did gumbo a week ago.
LOVE gumbo, but these shrimp need to be SHOWCASED!!!!!

EDIT*DOH!! sorry! saw gumbo in the web address link and assumed! My bad.

hmmmmm.....

That's a lot of butter. That might be a winner!

If you don't make it with the shrimp you have now, make it sometime in the future......and don't forget garlic bread.

Tasty stuff I tell ya.....tasty stuff.

Marinate in a bit of lime juice for 10-15 min and then grill them and glaze with a Mango Habanero salsa or some type of pepper jelly. Serve on top of some wild rice.

Went with a scaled down (butter wise) version of the bbq shrimp.

Boiled the shrimp with salt and a dried jalapeno. Boiled 2 minutes, lid on heat off for 3. PERFECT

Melted 1 stick butter and simmered onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme and parsley.
ForumRunner_20121206_182705.png

Added 8 oz low hop pale ale (mine) to the jalapeno salt shrimp.
ForumRunner_20121206_182727.png

Done...and WOW. Perfect texture, herbs and cajun meld nicely.....
ForumRunner_20121206_182744.png

Reduced remaining butter and herbs and added 1 tbsp ketchup and 1 tsp habanero powder for dipping. WOW
ForumRunner_20121206_182802.png

A little good sourdough rounded it out...........Sopping up sauce.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdroooooooool............

OK! happened. Resounding success! Thank you!

(BTW Stakeland (movie), Netflix streaming...had to stop it several times. The Awesomeness of the movie and the shrimp collided several times.)

While that is a good option. I cannot stress more that:

A these were the best shrimp I've made
B these were the best shrimp I've tasted
C I am Effing PICKY about shrimp
D I am still half comatose from eating them, thank GAWD I devised a "less" butter option that still left me in a semicoma....
E DID YOU SEE THA PICTURES????????;)

If they are really big ( #8 or bigger ) I'd butterfly them, a quick broil with butter, garlic and a few pepper flakes. Sprinkle with parsley and you have a killer entree.

bosco

While that is a good option. I cannot stress more that:

A these were the best shrimp I've made
B these were the best shrimp I've tasted
C I am Effing PICKY about shrimp
D I am still half comatose from eating them, thank GAWD I devised a "less" butter option that still left me in a semicoma....
E DID YOU SEE THA PICTURES????????;)

You forgot to invite me for dinner. I'm sure it was just an oversight. This time. :cross:

Sorry Yoop!

They were salt water shrimp. BIG, but I guess 14 or so/lb

MAN they were good. Slit ony enough to get the vein out, not all the way up.

Can't stress enough the Zatarain method of boil 2minutes, take off the heat put a lid on for 3 more minutes.

Perfectly cooked!!

GO BIG!!!!!!!!

I had been getting the little shrimp for longer than I had realized. These big ones really are a different animal!

This is similar to the shrimp my mom makes and it's wonderful. I change it up by putting a few tablespoons of garam masala in the melted butter instead of the Cajun herbs & spices.

Allrigth HBT that´s enough, this site is making me drink and eat a lot more than I should! I´m hungry now

Good call on that recipe, I just made it, but along with the pepper flakes I added some "Slap Yo Mama" cajun seasoning blend, and used fired roasted tomatoes.

I was shocked! The rosemary went really well with the cajun seasoning.

SYM is what I used too.

If you make a simple quesadilla, top it with a plop of sour cream and top the sour cream with SYM.

You got the HOT version right?

Latest posts

Back