PERLICK 525 PARTS! Upgrade your old faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We now carry the full line of parts for Perlick 525 Faucets. If you have one of the older faucets there are two parts that will greatly enhance it's performance. In many of the 525 faucets they came with a plastic bearing cup. We now have metal ones as replacements. Also, until fairly recently Perlick the faucet lever was rounded where it fit into the bearing cup. If you replace the faucet lever and the bearing cup with the new style it will lock the faucet lever into place and eliminate many of the issues people were having with the faucet handles turning. It also helps with issues some have had when using the larger, heavier handles. The bearing cup in part #6 below and the faucet lever is part #5 below. It is important that you replace both unless you already have the newer style of one of the parts.

If you have any questions concerning repairing or upgrading Perlick Faucets please feel free to ask them on this thread and I will do my best to answer your questions!

Here is a link to these parts on our website:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=702

525ssREBUILD.jpg

without taking my faucet apart, how can I tell if I have an "older" one ? I got mine from you about March of 2011. And are the new ones you have in stock updated ?

I'm thinking about upgrading from cheap basic faucets to Perlick design. I read some reviews where folks are complaining about the "new" design not being a sturdy as the "older" Perlick faucets. They also complain they the new ones may not fit standard shanks and have problems leaking. Can you shed any light on these issues?

Back