Grain up 50%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My HBS has just informed me his grain bill has increased 50% on his latest delivery.
He's put his prices up immediately but is discounting his current stock.
He's waiting on confirmation of hop prices.
They WILL be going up when this years harvest comes in.
All the extract prices have increased.

I can stomach a 50% increase but will not be happy if it goes up by more.:eek:

I need a big pay rise. :(

Ouch. I haven't seen that happen over hear yet. Just bought a 25kg bag of Maris 2 row yesterday that had a date of Aug 07 on it and it was normal pricing. I'm sure the price inc will make its way over hear eventually though.

I just got a note from my local guy that all of his grain prices are going up 20%. He's honoring the old prices on orders placed before 11/7 (so my Maris Otter sack was only $53).

It is, I paid .25/lb for Pale malt back in March, I just got some a few weeks ago and it was .36 lb and that's what some of the breweries are paying and then add on the price of hops plus water for those of us that are drought areas. Beer is going to have to go up in price or small breweries are going to go under not to mention what it may do to us.

With the price of oil going through the roof the price of plastic is going to be going way up too. So you might want to try porcelain as a fermenter ;)

Yeah the average grain rise is 38% Hop prices are expected to rise somewhere around 13-14 a pound

My LHBS says that his retail price of domestic 2-row is going up from $50/50lb sack to ~$58. Imported grain is going up more...

orfy said:
My HBS has just informed me his grain bill has increased 50% on his latest delivery.

Am I the only one that read this and thought "man what the hell did he do to his sparging efficiency?". Then I figured out he meant the bill for his grain, not the grain bill. I R SMRT

Back