Inline trub filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobS

Reaction score
Does anybody have plans or pics they care to share of a DIY in-Line Trub Filter?

I have a Three Tier System and could hook it up either pre or post Counter Flow chiller.. Pre would prevent possibility of clogging the chiller, but not remove cold break material and need to be temp safe for near boiling.... Post would pull more goo out and could be done in PVC I would think...

But Basicalliy if somebody has something out there that works good and was cost $30-$70 to put together I'd appreciate it.

Tertiary if it could double as a hopback....

I'm going to be working on one shortly, most of the parts have arrived, i just gotta find the time! Here's my part's list:
Vollrath 78730 - bain marie, $13.46
Vollrath 79080 - lid, $6.86
Silicon Sheet - for o-ring gasket, $8.49 for 8"x12"
type F camlock, $3.92
type B camlock, $5.52
NPS locknut, $5.51 (quantity 2)
other:
SS screen(2), bolt, nut (to keep media in place)
stainless bar, bolt, nut (all welded, to clamp lid on unit).

The plan is to use rice hulls as media if i'm just filtering, or leaf hops if i want hopback + filter.

I suppose i could have bought a hoprocket($125) and save hours of work... but DIY is way more fun than buying!

Back