Where are all the Chugger Pumps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joenads

Reaction score
When I started researching for my brew rig, I came across Chugger Pumps as a good option to get my pumps from. I wasn't ready to get them at the time as I wanted to my keggles built first. Now, I am at the point that I could order pumps, but the Chugger site as well as their facebook seems to have been deserted for quite sometime with no information on when another batch will be up for sale. Does anyone have any insight on this, or is there any other alternatives that are in the same price range for the SS heads?

That's it, but I can't find that link through the main page. I think they took the link down since they are out.

They are being listed on Rebel Brewer as well, but they've been out of stock for weeks now.

The Chugger Pump guys suck at actually selling things. Their website was horrible, completely nonfunctional, so I called them on the phone. "Oh, you want to talk to Jim. He's not in right now. He'll be in later. Leave him a message and he'll call you." Yeah, he never called.

Tried to leave them messages through their website. Couldn't even get that to work.

I like the idea of buying a pump with a SS head, but these guys are really making me reconsider that idea.

I wouldnt and didnt wait. I was in the same problem as you and I ended up buying a march and couldnt be happier. Its kind of rediculous that a company will go ahead and offer something and then not be able to back up their offering. "Put their money where their mouth is" if you will. Trying to get in contact with them is a joke.

I still have a little bit of time as I need to build my controller, but I just think it's crazy they won't even answer anyone.

Yeah I agree and have been ready to purchase two pumps for my eHERMS build and want to get all my stuff here so I can begin building as the weather gets colder...might have to go to MARCH pumps? Chugger people want your pumps wake up....has the boat not left China???

There shop is something like a 25 minute drive from my house. After reading all this when I get the funds to build a brewstand i think i will just pop my head in there.

Yeah, those lazy bastards!

It is a terrible problem to have so many people who want to buy your products that you cannot keep it in stock.

It sucks that they are missing out on potential sales, but I am sure they are doing what they can to get them in stock.

Yeah, those lazy bastards!

It is a terrible problem to have so many people who want to buy your products that you cannot keep it in stock.

It sucks that they are missing out on potential sales, but I am sure they are doing what they can to get them in stock.

I don't know if they build the pumps in house or have them manufactured but i have driven past there shop a bunch of times and its a pretty small building. Either way you would think if they where constantly selling out that they would bump up production.

I don't know if they build the pumps in house or have them manufactured but i have driven past there shop a bunch of times and its a pretty small building. Either way you would think if they where constantly selling out that they would bump up production.

You say that like it's an easy thing to do. Selling out? Just bump up production, no sweat! Maybe their pumps use the tears of pandas for lubrication, and they can only make those pandas cry so much.

The chugger pump guy here was active a few weeks ago. He said he was going to send me a SS replacement head, gratis, but it never happened. Can't complain, didn't expect that, but he told me he would if I sent my address, which I did. Oh well, maybe it'll show up for Christmas. That would be sweet.

out of stock or not, it would just be cool enough for them to give some kind of details. "pumps will be in stock in 3 weeks, 2 months, 6 years..." they've just seem to go completely dark

There are other options besides complaining to a bunch of people who can't help you.

_

I asked for other options for something of the same price for SS heads. Nobody has mentioned any including yourself, but apparently you know.

You say that like it's an easy thing to do. Selling out? Just bump up production, no sweat! Maybe their pumps use the tears of pandas for lubrication, and they can only make those pandas cry so much.

Let me at those pandas. I'll make them wish they'd never been born!

Mike, the owner, was to be back from China yesterday. I have a pump there I returned waiting for him to test it.

From their facebook page:

We are trying to get these pumps out to you guys! We had no idea what the demand was going to be. Its not easy getting these pumps to you guys at the great pricing we do. We are doing our best to get them to you. Your a tuff bunch ! We have been in the pump business 15 + years...our customer service has never been beat ...find someone we have not made happy...I give you a free pump. If you are desperate for a pump Buy A March...you can always convert it to a Chugger later on....As for a promise date for Chugger .....we are working on it ! Nov 4th week ...we are expecting to have some available

Call me if you have any questions ...800-810-1053

mike

Their facebook page mentions that they expect to have some available on, or about, Nov. 1st. Expect them to go quickly

Edit....beat me to it Joenads!

Anyone replace the impeller w/ a stainless one for kicks?

Edit -- nevermind; looks like impellers are generally not stainless, just the housing.

Pumps are in stock !!!

www.chuggerpumps.com

when i started researching for my brew rig, i came across chugger pumps as a good option to get my pumps from. I wasn't ready to get them at the time as i wanted to my keggles built first. Now, i am at the point that i could order pumps, but the chugger site as well as their facebook seems to have been deserted for quite sometime with no information on when another batch will be up for sale. Does anyone have any insight on this, or is there any other alternatives that are in the same price range for the ss heads?

If you want to bash me ...call me anytime..What your saying is totally untrue !!!!

MIKE ---1-800-810-1053...DO IT!

NO TRUE...I talk to almost ever call personally. Let em know how you were not able to get me and I will send you a free SS head to replace the Plastic one you got from March

NO TRUE...I talk to almost ever call personally. Let em know how you were not able to get me and I will send you a free SS head to replace the Plastic one you got from March

I have no idea who you're responding to with either of your posts - and as I hadn't yet posted in this thread, don't really care ;)

If you actually have stainless steel replacement pump heads for sale, how about updating your pump head web page - that currently boinks to the "Coming Soon" page...

Cheers!

Anyway to subscribe to a username? Don't want to miss out on the SS center inlet version in dec/jan

The chugger pump guy here was active a few weeks ago. He said he was going to send me a SS replacement head, gratis, but it never happened. Can't complain, didn't expect that, but he told me he would if I sent my address, which I did. Oh well, maybe it'll show up for Christmas. That would be sweet.

I don't know whom you are talking to either, but I've been at the end of one of your free SS head offers and it didn't materialize (after I sent my address). Please don't make generous offers unless you truly intend on acting on them.

Back