Surfing HBT from a Wii!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
So i finally got tired of being the only one of my friends without a Wii. So whats the first thing i do? Test out the browser to see if i can get to HBT! It works great, but typing this message is taking about 5 minutes. Any other Wii owners out there? Whats games do you have? I need some reccomendations of what to get next.:mug:

I have one-- bought it from work. I've got Zelda (not really my thing but it is a good game) and Monkey Ball (great bundle of 5 minute games-- excellent for parties where non-gamers can enjoy the wii). I'm ordering Spiderman 3 from work because I'm given to understand that the motion is very well integrated into the game.

On the topic of Spiderman 3:

What do do if you purchased Spiderman 3 the video game.

SWMBO will probly like Elebits, Raymans Raving Rabbits, and Wii Sports as will any children if you have either or. Zelda is a must, because it is a Nintendo product. So is any Mario game. I haven't tried the new Paper Mario or Mario Party but they look like they are suited to the Wii. For the love of God skip Marval Alliance(bad game play). I also recently acquired the Rapala Fishing Tournament game, very complex but a lot of fun if it is your "thing". Oh and keep an eye out for the upcoming Metroid :rockin:

Neat feature of the Wii is the downloadable games. Head over to the store and browse what they have. I'd say about 80% of them are killer. You have to buy them with "points" but you can pick up cards with points on them at any store selling Wii games. Its like 200 points for around $20usd? But the games you download are like 10 points or so. I suggest Ecco the Dolphin, another good game for yourself and SWMBO.

Picked up Wii Play last night because we needed the second controller. The billiards game on that is amazing!! Unfortunately of all the games, thats about the only game to brag about, but for $10 who cares. I just can't believe how nice of a job Nintendo has done with these controls. Who'd have ever thunk of using a controller just like a pool cue. I'm a pretty big computer nerd and love technology, but this thing still blows my mind... errr... maybe I'm just drunk :drunk:

I've got a wii. The first thing I did when I got the browser was hit HBT too. Didn't post anything though, as I thought it was a big enough pain in the butt to just get to the website. All I've got now is wii sports.

It made me wonder if there is any way to connect a keyboard to it. Anybody know of a way to? I figured through the usb ports would be a possibility.

I looked into attaching a USB keyboard to it and it doesn't seem to have support for it at the moment. For as many people that are bitching about it at the moment I only forsee it being a short amount of time before there is keyboard support. USB drive support would be kinda cool to as you could use it instead of SD cards.

kornkob--

where do ya work? I have been trying to get a wii for months.. and I cant find them anywhere..

Back