Trouble finding a 1/2 inch ss butt weld male camlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryfine

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know where I can find 1/2 inch stainless steel butt weld male camlocks? I've scoured the internet and have come up dry. McMasterCarr sells them in larger sizes, but not 1/2 inch. I'm trying to build a welded hopback and would really like to avoid having threads in the build if possible and don't want to get tri-clamps since everything else in my brewery is camlocks.

Thanks!

Contact proflowdydamics. They supply most of the home brew websites with camlocks.

You could also cut or machine the threads off although that's certainly a pain.

Contact proflowdydamics. They supply most of the home brew websites with camlocks.

You could also cut or machine the threads off although that's certainly a pain.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just checked their website and they don't seem to carry them either.

You wont find them and if you do, you won't like the price. If you are welding anyway, just cut the barb off a type E.

Thanks for your input Bobby. Cutting the barb off sounds easier than cutting the threads off of a type F, but still sounds like a pain in the rear.

I don't understand why this part is so difficult to find. Thanks anyway guys.

Why? Because people that are willing to weld a connector onto anything would likely go with triclover. Folks that have a lot of camlocks usually don't care about having pipe threads, usually. Hopbacks are on the hot side anyway so I would probably solder in a 1/2" spud and thread in a type F. Well, maybe I'd stick with cutting the barb off the E.

pretty upsetting words combined together: butt weld male... :eek: never mind. this non-welder is going back into hiding for these kinda posts now...

Why? Because people that are willing to weld a connector onto anything would likely go with triclover. Folks that have a lot of camlocks usually don't care about having pipe threads, usually. Hopbacks are on the hot side anyway so I would probably solder in a 1/2" spud and thread in a type F. Well, maybe I'd stick with cutting the barb off the E.

Yeah, that all makes sense and I have lots of threads elsewhere in my brewhouse, but everything is weldless fittings so I didn't really have a choice. I figured since I'm getting it welded, may as well try to avoid threads if possible. Thanks again for your replies!

Back